Guest - Member Global Message

This is the Header Alert Global Message description. This message can be changed in your themes acp.

Tactical Advance
MyImageName

Banner 1 Title

MyImageName

Banner 2 Title

MyImageName

Banner 3 Title

Akanoes

Tumbril Nova Tank on pre-sale (for Concierges)

TMBL_HeavyTank_ShotE_PJ02-Squashed.jpg

Dear Concierge Member,
Tumbril Land Systems is proud to reintroduce a legendary warrior to the modern age. Initially introduced during the Second Tevarin War, the Nova battle tank has been a staple of ground warfare operations ever since. This versatile weapon platform can still be found in service with the UEE Army to this day.

With the acquisition of Tumbril Land Systems by the DevCo Group, the Nova has now been updated for the modern age. The same durable and devastating tank has been updated for the 30th century. Featuring a staggering array of both offensive and defensive abilities, the Nova is a fully comprehensive battlefield equalizer, equally capable of engaging targets on both the ground and the air.

With the reintroduction of this armored defender, Tumbril is also releasing a pair of environmental paintjobs: the Badland and Snowblind. Perfect for desert or arctic operations respectively, these skins will help disrupt the vehicle’s silhouette at distance, keeping your crew safer for longer.

As a trusted member of the Tumbril community, we wanted to offer you a sneak peek at the new Nova before offering it to the general public.

I very nearly jumped and bought one just because it sounds cool.

And then I asked myself how I'd get a tank to battle since it seems like the Idris is about the only thing that could carry one so far, and then I asked myself what the hell do I need a tank for anyway..?

I think it is awesome that there will be tanks in the game. I think I'll look forward more to blowing them up than driving them, though.

The landlubbers can have their tanks, I'll stick with my ships.

7 minutes ago, Drakin said:

I very nearly jumped and bought one just because it sounds cool.

And then I asked myself how I'd get a tank to battle

personally I don't want to bring tank to battles .. I want it to be my personal exploration vehicle :) ... and I guess you don't need idris for it ... hull C will be enough :)

7 minutes ago, Drakin said:

then I asked myself what the hell do I need a tank for anyway..?

that is most important topic always .. I need it to go fishing safely !

LOL...! Indeed, catching the fish is easier once they are floating on the surface.

They're gonna have to make the tank guns seriously OP to outweigh their disadvantage of being relatively slow (compared to ships) and the time it will take to spin their guns around. I would not want to get hit dead on by one.

If they have a tank now, you have to figure they'll have dedicated missile battery trucks coming along soon too. Somehow they'll need players to be able to zone off an area as a no-fly zone to force a ground battle. A bunch of missile batteries and automated turret guns  might do the trick.

There are going to be so many freakin different ways to play this game. Something for everyone, I hope.

Look, like all these things, its money into CIG. As for a bit of levity, the scale of this thing, the gun looks big enough to launch people sized shells, it has antii-aircraft missiles too. No doubt it'll be slow and also  possibly come with a force field like a ship - fingers crossed. As a method of detering someone from even thinking about poaching from your landholding this takes some beating, especially when the gun looks big enough to make a serious mess of something right up to Capital Class.

As a method of taking the fight to somewhere - assuming you have the transport capability, a few of these things could really ruin someone's day as they crest a hill and open up on their centre of operations.

It is also an LTi slot with some value that I can always swap out for something else that takes my fancy ;)

Yea, don't take my decision not to get one the wrong way. Definitely if it tickles your fancy, by all means get it! It will be very cool to have a tank and I'd love to borrow yours for a spin. I personally just don't see an emphasis in tank driving in my own future given the way I intend to play.

2 hours ago, Roy said:

it is light or maybe medium ... wait a bit for heavy tanks, tank destroyers and finally artillery

The sheer size of it compared to the people to the left of the picture indicates this is going to be quite large, and heavily armored. 

I foresee this leading to dedicated vehicle transports, as right now the only thing this could reasonably fit in is an Idris or Javelin.. Possibly the larger Hull's depending on how they do the modularity system.

Yes, definitely a need for vehicle transports. This tank should fit in an Idris, which is supposed to be largest ship that can land on planet. It might fit in Javelin, but there's not much point since a Javelin can't land on a planet... at least not more than once :-)