Hero
icecurle

Let's go 3.0!

Of course... I've been waiting 2 weeks for 3.0 to go live, and then I go on holiday for Christmas, without wifi or my PC, 3.0 is going live tomorrow.. hahha

Anyway who's excited?! I know I am! Whats the plan for 3.0? Other than the moon landing, do we have any other plans or events in the org? Cannot wait to play. And does anyone know how many GB's they think 3.0 will be - it may take a couple days for me to download down here in New Zealand :0

Please put your thoughts, plans and ideas for your to-be endeavours in 3.0. I'm guessing @Bursar has a few!

Also I wont be able to make the community meeting so is someone able to summarise it somewhere on the forums?

Futhermore,

Anyone who's curious about the forum signature development, you will be glad to hear that its underway. By mid January hopefully we will have the signature generator up and running! Heres a sneak peak on what I've been working on

https://imgur.com/a/jFP5t

I wish everyone a amazing Christmas with your families and if your alone you can rejoice in the company of yourself!

See you in the verse on the 27th.

Ice

25 minutes ago, DeadlySniper007 said:

Oh wow was not expecting 3.0 that soon. I figured they'd still try to squeeze out better performance for another week. I'm stoked!

Lol ouch that's some bad luck. Felt bad so I made this.spends-eternity-waiting-for-30-cig-decid

If you want we could call you and make spaceship sounds through the phone?

Hahahahahhaha thank you... made my day xD. Thanks that would be great! I'll DM you my phone number x

Hey Ice, well 3.0 is out and quite a few of us are in 8-). I dont know the minimum Ram needed. I run 32gb. No issues for me. From reports ive seen are most are saying 16gb or 8gb but an SSD sometimes.

Current Industry plans:-

1) Scouting out cargo runs.

2) Looking for opportunities and systems suitable for :- Prospectors, Orions and Reclaimers.

3) Systems hubs, transport links etc.

4) Linking Lore info up with other info & videos to enable easier research.

Ice - being in NZ it should all be downhill to you so faster download ;)

In 3.0 I've been flying my Starfarer a lot - despite the idiots trying to shoot me....... Practice makes perfect and the fuel tanker is an awkward ship to handle. I'd urge anybody with 3.0 and a big ship to get in it and spend as much time as possible just learning how to fly and land them. It isnt easy and they really dont handle well.

Ice have a super break & we'll catch up on the far side - i'll have a lot more hours trying not to crash into things by then :-D

2 minutes ago, Bursar said:

Hey Ice, well 3.0 is out and quite a few of us are in 8-). I dont know the minimum Ram needed. I run 32gb. No issues for me. From reports ive seen are most are saying 16gb or 8gb but an SSD sometimes.

Current Industry plans:-

1) Scouting out cargo runs.

2) Looking for opportunities and systems suitable for :- Prospectors, Orions and Reclaimers.

3) Systems hubs, transport links etc.

4) Linking Lore info up with other info & videos to enable easier research.

Ice - being in NZ it should all be downhill to you so faster download ;)

In 3.0 I've been flying my Starfarer a lot - despite the idiots trying to shoot me....... Practice makes perfect and the fuel tanker is an awkward ship to handle. I'd urge anybody with 3.0 and a big ship to get in it and spend as much time as possible just learning how to fly and land them. It isnt easy and they really dont handle well.

Ice have a super break & we'll catch up on the far side - i'll have a lot more hours trying not to crash into things by then :-D

Haha great! sounds awesome. I'm excited to get back into the verse with the team. Thats great your getting some practise flying that mammoth, your going to have to teach me how to fly that thing! because I will be flying it around shortly also.

I was more meaning how big is the download of the game?

p.s like your little nz joke haha

Is someone able to go over the squadron 42 live stream and let me know what happened? I missed it also :/

(Basicly just the important stuff)