Guest - Member Global Message

This is the Header Alert Global Message description. This message can be changed in your themes acp.

Tactical Advance
MyImageName

Banner 1 Title

MyImageName

Banner 2 Title

MyImageName

Banner 3 Title

BooJuice

Game breaking issue lads

You might want to wait before you jump, reports are indicating that AMD and ARM are also sitting on issues. they all hide things, so patience is usually the order of the day :)

Keep watching the news. Intel, AMD & ARM have all confirmed they ALL have issues - Oh, Apple has for once admitted that pretty much every single device of theirs has issues too :) Happy New Year - I'll stick with my i7k, just because even with a performance handicap it should still be able to cope and there is no other horse to get on right now that's any better ;)

1 hour ago, Bursar said:

Keep watching the news. Intel, AMD & ARM have all confirmed they ALL have issues - Oh, Apple has for once admitted that pretty much every single device of theirs has issues too :) Happy New Year - I'll stick with my i7k, just because even with a performance handicap it should still be able to cope and there is no other horse to get on right now that's any better ;)

There are three separate exploitable flaws, of which AMD processors are only subject to one, and that one has negligible impact after an OS update.

The exploitable flaws in the Intel CPUs can, under certain conditions mostly present on servers (particularly where virtualization is used, I believe), cause significant performance degradation.

However, as you can see from the results of my before/after tests, they do not seem to impact gaming rigs much:

image.png.2edc54d340a0a7be26fe1fd0bb6b05c0.png

My machine is somewhat mid-tier at this point due to its age, but the results are in line with other results I've seen reported online.

Edited by Drakin

Thanks for this :) I am running an i7 6700k & 980Ti right now. I bought this with the idea it would give me some overhead for a whiel. It's possibly shrunk a bit with this issue, but I dont anticipate a problem.

2 hours ago, moher4 said:

i use to get 50-60ish fps before the update now i get 8-10 if i am lucky 

I'm not sure what you are measuring.

If you're talking about server fps (measured by entering console command "r_displayinfo 3", I don't know of anyone that has been getting 50-60 fps on the servers. Most people get 20-30 fps... maybe 40 fps on a freshly rebooted server. So this makes me think you're talking about client side fps.

But your client side fps won't drop from 50-60 fps to less than 10 fps from this update, so that doesn't make sense either.

Edited by Drakin

16 hours ago, Drakin said:

I'm not sure what you are measuring.

If you're talking about server fps (measured by entering console command "r_displayinfo 3", I don't know of anyone that has been getting 50-60 fps on the servers. Most people get 20-30 fps... maybe 40 fps on a freshly rebooted server. So this makes me think you're talking about client side fps.

But your client side fps won't drop from 50-60 fps to less than 10 fps from this update, so that doesn't make sense either.

I am talking about client side FPS which has got me shocked to see it drop that much and i cant figure out a way to fix it :\

2 hours ago, FriendCalledFive said:

Not noticed any difference myself, am still in the mid 20's I had before. What hardware are you running that gave you 50+fps?

i have a i7 3770 @ 3.4ghz 8gb ram and a gtx 1050ti with 4gb ram

6 minutes ago, moher4 said:

I am talking about client side FPS which has got me shocked to see it drop that much and i cant figure out a way to fix it :\

i have a i7 3770 @ 3.4ghz 8gb ram and a gtx 1050ti with 4gb ram

I don't see how you were getting 50+fps with that, you are very RAM limited, the game needs 16GB.

Was the 50 fps in 3.0? Or was that 2.6.3?

With only 8GB of RAM your machine will struggle with SC 3.0. As FC5 said, you need 16GB of RAM.

I suggest you upgrade to at least 16GB. More if you can.

8 hours ago, FriendCalledFive said:
20 minutes ago, Drakin said:

Was the 50 fps in 3.0? Or was that 2.6.3?

With only 8GB of RAM your machine will struggle with SC 3.0. As FC5 said, you need 16GB of RAM.

I suggest you upgrade to at least 16GB. More if you can.

i am talking about 2.6.3 its 3.0 i am having a problem with now :(

How did all that ^ go? Has it been much of a difference, as I haven't found much changed for me across any games. (Using my AMD FX 8350 8 core, 32g vengeance ram and my old HD7770 still). :D we should be optimistic. It won't be the end of the world. They will just make something new to sell us.... Like they usually do. When you think about it too, processors haven't exactly made amazing leaps in the last 6 or so years, when compared to graphics cards leaps.

50 minutes ago, LordSeb said:

How did all that ^ go? Has it been much of a difference, as I haven't found much changed for me across any games. (Using my AMD FX 8350 8 core, 32g vengeance ram and my old HD7770 still). :D we should be optimistic. It won't be the end of the world. They will just make something new to sell us.... Like they usually do. When you think about it too, processors haven't exactly made amazing leaps in the last 6 or so years, when compared to graphics cards leaps.

The patches released don't affect gaming noticeably. Sadly, unless you are running a fairly recent gen CPU you are unlikely to get a Spectre fix, and in the case of my secondary rig will likely not even get a Meltdown fix. It is a complete mess.

Until you are all patched up (BIOS and Windows) and Spectre and Meltdown proof, don't run unknown software, use a script blocker on your browser, and don't go to dodgy sites.

You can get a checker for Spectre and Meltdown vulnerability at:

https://www.grc.com/inspectre.htm

Edited by FriendCalledFive