Tactical Advance
cableguy

3.0 mouse and keyboard Unplayable

Hey every one 3.0 has not been a very good treat, I actually cannot even control my ship. The pip accelerates at a ridiculous rate and you cannot find the dead zone, I have found some other people on the forums who are having a similar issue and there has been a ticket started, it is STARC-49501 I was hoping some people could also contribute to it so they can fix it.

It seems like in 2.5 they thought the ships moved like airplanes and were fighting to far away from each other so they made the ships move like drones with no mass for 2.6 than 2.6 they thought the ships had no inertia so now we have 3.0 and the ships feel like hyper maneuverable submersibles.

I posted the url below.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/issue-council/star-citizen-alpha-3/STARC-49501-Mouse_flight_control_cannot_center_on_any_ship

I'm able to fly with mouse and keyboard on this one, but I have to say it is a challenge ... couple of ideas:

1> in case you are flying something not very nimble - don't try close dogfight (or use decouple a lot)

2> understand and use radar more than visuals .. for freelancer I can't see enemy most of the time :)

I'm waiting for the next patch before I worry too much about flying.

I tried some combat last week and even though I was landing a ton of hits (from my perspective), either the server didn't agree that I was landing hits, or the shields have been buffed way too much. It took me a good half hour to kill one NPC ship, and I was constantly plastering it with shots the whole time.

In other news, I am so far really disappointed in my TrackIR as it relates to controlling gymballed weapons. Trying to hold my head steady to while maneuvering, or then slightly moving my head to adjust the targeting position, is a nightmare for me. I love TrackIR for the look around feature in my cockpit, but so far I think it is cr*p for controlling gymbals. Others may disagree. I'll try some different TrackIR configuration options, but I think I'm going to have to remove the gymballed weapons from my Sabre loadout and replace them with fixed (again). My guess is I can probably tune the TrackIR to make controlling gymbals easier by basically making it less sensitive, but that will nerf my ability to just look around easily. Blah.

Drakin - TrackIr was always about free look only ..  I  don't believe anyone ever was able to get decent performance in 2-3 hours session with "head positioning" based shooting :)