Guest - Member Global Message

This is the Header Alert Global Message description. This message can be changed in your themes acp.

Tactical Advance
MyImageName

Banner 1 Title

MyImageName

Banner 2 Title

MyImageName

Banner 3 Title

Bursar

CIG Off the Hook v Crytek

A rather lengthy but interesting Video by Leonard French - An actual copyright Attorney. Leonard goes through the CIG response to the Crytek attempted cash grab. Longwinded, but interesting.

Yea, it doesn't deal with some of the issues raised in the complaint such as sharing code improvements, but really, since the contract seems to suggest that there are no monetary damages allowed (??), that seems moot.

Perhaps in the absolute best case for Crytek maybe they could force CIG to give them some of the game engine tech they've developed?

In any case it doesn't seem like the lawsuit will be on any real consequence, and may even get thrown out entirely.

I think you're right. The contract pretty much wipes out the vast majority of the arguments that Crytek came up with. I'd go further and say that whoever came up with the lawsuit might have been better placed if they'd actually seen the contract first!

1 hour ago, Drakin said:

It's terrible of me, but I actually hope the suit is not dismissed. An evil part of me wants to see Cryrtek and their lawyers humiliated in court.

Well the only issue with that is that it will distract CR from developing and instead going to court. 

(And secondly I want to see crytek live long enough to make Crysis 4!)

22 minutes ago, The_Director said:

Well the only issue with that is that it will distract CR from developing and instead going to court. 

(And secondly I want to see crytek live long enough to make Crysis 4!)

They don't have enough people to make Crysis 4. One of their studio's is just making mobile games. And they only have 3 studios. 

Crytek new game Hunt showdown. Only have a 1km by 1km map and 4 teams of 2 people. 

13 hours ago, Drakin said:

It's terrible of me, but I actually hope the suit is not dismissed. An evil part of me wants to see Cryrtek and their lawyers humiliated in court.

you most probably are going to get  your wish ... while _most_ of the claim could be dismissed w/o hearing, couple of points require details :(

Crytek v CiG Update. The Judge is considering the motion to dismiss based on the information she has from CiG & Crytek already. Here's the statement:

Thursday, February 08, 2018 27 (IN CHAMBERS) ORDER by Judge Dolly M. Gee: The Court finds that Defendant's Motion to Dismiss the First Amended Complaint or Claims for Relief Therein or, in the Alternative, for a More Definite Statement and to Strike Certain Portions of the First Amended Complaint (FRCP 12(B)(6), 12(E) & 12(f))19 presently scheduled for hearing on February 9, 2018, is appropriate for decision without oral argument. Fed. R. Civ. P. 78(b); C.D. L.R. 7-15. Accordingly, the motion is taken UNDER SUBMISSION and the hearing is vacated. IT IS SO ORDERED. THERE IS NO PDF DOCUMENT ASSOCIATED WITH THIS ENTRY. (kti) TEXT ONLY ENTRY

Link to source: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7w92iw/crytek_vs_cig_judge_says_no_oral_arguments_needed/

I know, it's Montoya :-/ 

As others on Montoya's video have already said, he was wrong in saying there will be a decision tomorrow.

Instead the hearing that was scheduled for tomorrow has been cancelled, and the judge will, at some point in the next 90 days, make a decision on the dismissal without the hearing.

On 09/02/2018 at 8:58 PM, Drakin said:

As others on Montoya's video have already said, he was wrong in saying there will be a decision tomorrow.

Instead the hearing that was scheduled for tomorrow has been cancelled, and the judge will, at some point in the next 90 days, make a decision on the dismissal without the hearing.

Yeah Drakin I am aware. I was just updating and intrigued. Judges don't like wasting court time ;-) The Judge seems to me to think she has enough information (my thought's), clarification of some points may be required. Could be the Judge has other more important cases to deal with etc...