Hero
Fatie89

My simpit (not finished)

That looks great. Wish I could build something like that. It just me but I would not like having the mouse under the keyboard. Never tried it but think it might drive me mad. 

What are you thinking/want to change? 

35 minutes ago, RSLtaken said:

That looks great. Wish I could build something like that. It just me but I would not like having the mouse under the keyboard. Never tried it but think it might drive me mad. 

What are you thinking/want to change? 

The mouse under the keyboard is actually very comfy as I have my Logitech G13 keyboard next to the mouse. My hands are usually at the same level to each other. 

What I want to change is the height as I right now bump my knees into the underside of where the keyboard and mouse are when I use the racing or rudder pedals. I did not realise this until I actually sat down in it.

I would like to make it more configurable so that I can find the best position for everything and for when others are using it. 

1 hour ago, FriendCalledFive said:

Very nice. Mine is a bit more ghetto:

85S3WA8.jpg

That right there with the keyboard and mouse is what I wanted to get around for games like SC. Having a place for everything.

The best thing about the way that you have done it is that there is no problem with leg room while using pedals.

12 minutes ago, Fatie89 said:

That right there with the keyboard and mouse is what I wanted to get around for games like SC. Having a place for everything.

The best thing about the way that you have done it is that there is no problem with leg room while using pedals.

The keyboard is wireless so I can either have it up there, or bring it onto my lap, although the wheel gets in the way of the top rows of keys. Is ok for wandering about with. I also move the joystick to the PC to make getting in and out easy. Yes, plenty of leg room for the pedals, I am not using them for SC yet. Am hoping we will get wheel control options for land vehicles.

6 minutes ago, FriendCalledFive said:

The keyboard is wireless so I can either have it up there, or bring it onto my lap, although the wheel gets in the way of the top rows of keys. Is ok for wandering about with. I also move the joystick to the PC to make getting in and out easy. Yes, plenty of leg room for the pedals, I am not using them for SC yet. Am hoping we will get wheel control options for land vehicles.

Support for steering wheels would be awesome.

18 minutes ago, Bursar said:

Well done that man :) Very impressive.

Thanks!

17 hours ago, LordSeb said:

Looks epic! You will have to show the finished thing up and running.

Thanks! And I will update the post when I've gotten further. 

So, it's finished. 

I'm pleased with how it turned out, it does look like furniture and not just some toy that I feel embarrased to show to others.

There are still those parts about it that I want to change but I can set aside an hour or two when I can to modify and adjust those problems.

Hope you like the design and if you do decide to use this design with a few ideas of your own, please upload images here so that I can se what you did differently.

/Fatie89

http://UGpvH3h.jpg 

I kinda envy people who have the creativity, resources and dedication to put this kind of thing through. Sadly I consider myself to play too big of a variance in games to pull stuff like this off. looks great though. 

On 3/22/2018 at 5:06 PM, Fatie89 said:

So, it's finished. 

I'm pleased with how it turned out, it does look like furniture and not just some toy that I feel embarrased to show to others.

There are still those parts about it that I want to change but I can set aside an hour or two when I can to modify and adjust those problems.

Hope you like the design and if you do decide to use this design with a few ideas of your own, please upload images here so that I can se what you did differently.

/Fatie89

http://UGpvH3h.jpg 

The definition of I am going to be climbing into some gaming tonight has taken a whole new meaning :-D