Jump to content

Guest - Member Global Message

This is the Header Alert Global Message description. This message can be changed in your themes acp.

Tactical Advance
MyImageName

Banner 1 Title


MyImageName

Banner 2 Title


MyImageName

Banner 3 Title


Sign in to follow this  
Lumpy

First Cargo Run

Recommended Posts

Well, I started out doing a fetch some seeds mission but the guy would not give them to me sooo, there was a terminal there and I bought some booze and food. It was really a treat to actually see cargo in my Cutlass (I know, easily amused).  I played safe and only risked 2000ue.  Almost doubled my money when I sold at PO. Did a night landing at the farm and  almost got the hang of the star map.  It was a good couple of hours.  That was the first time I could actually stay logged in for more than 30 mins.  I'm having big problems with "floaty" mouse when flying though. It's like serious over steer. Not sure what the fix is. Any input appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can only suggest a joystick. Not much use I know, but I gave up on a mouse and keyboard pretty early on. Well done on the cargo hauling. Keep spending only 50% of your bank on a load and you always have a fallback if / when the server goes tits up ;) I found that some regular simple cargo runs very quickly earned me a lot of money. I also outgrew the Cutlass despite the simplicity with which it operates and I moved up to my Freelancer with 20 more SCu. Small tip with the Cutlass, when you land, exit using a side door. 1) You are more protected from some wanabe pirate by the landing gear that way, 2) IF you get killed you didnt leave the ramp down and give them a free ship. I really appreciate the nice handling on the Cutlass though. Keep up the good work and earn some nice armour & weapons :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Bursar said:

 Small tip with the Cutlass, when you land, exit using a side door. 1) You are more protected from some wanabe pirate by the landing gear that way, 2) IF you get killed you didnt leave the ramp down and give them a free ship.

Actually that is a "big" tip ;-) I never thought of that. Thanks much.  I remember mouse being a lot better before 3.0.  There used to be some options for mouse  control  but my memory sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lumpy said:

Actually that is a "big" tip ;-) I never thought of that. Thanks much.  I remember mouse being a lot better before 3.0.  There used to be some options for mouse  control  but my memory sucks.

 

It is pretty much unflyable for me with mouse. I use HOTAS normally, but in 2.x I could use a mouse for basic stuff, but now a joystick is the only way to control a ship. Mouse never feels immersive to me anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FriendCalledFive said:

 

It is pretty much unflyable for me with mouse. I use HOTAS normally, but in 2.x I could use a mouse for basic stuff, but now a joystick is the only way to control a ship. Mouse never feels immersive to me anyway.

 

Game behaves really weird when you have controls setup for both mouse and joystick ... remove one which is unneeded set and you'd be fine with either (at least I am )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Roy said:

 

Game behaves really weird when you have controls setup for both mouse and joystick ... remove one which is unneeded set and you'd be fine with either (at least I am )

That sounds like it's worth a try Roy.  I'm not sure how to "remove" one but I'll take a look next time I log in. As the game progresses I may end up using a joystick but I'm not making any investments until closer to a finished product. I might even have an old  Wingman around :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lumpy said:

That sounds like it's worth a try Roy.  I'm not sure how to "remove" one but I'll take a look next time I log in. As the game progresses I may end up using a joystick but I'm not making any investments until closer to a finished product. I might even have an old  Wingman around :-)

 

to "remove" something just clear up binding :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

MyImageName

Image Description 1


MyImageName

Image Description 2


MyImageName

Image Description 3


×