Hero
The_Director

Request: Upvote important modding thread!

Errm ... mixed feelings here ... while I totally trust backers - high poly models are property of CIG and source of money making for the game in the future .. releasing them officially wouldn't be quite logical :( ... but as I said earlier - I completely understand where people are coming from :(

2 minutes ago, Roy said:

Errm ... mixed feelings here ... while I totally trust backers - high poly models are property of CIG and source of money making for the game in the future .. releasing them officially wouldn't be quite logical :( ... but as I said earlier - I completely understand where people are coming from :(

Well right now modders can already gain access to these models, its just through a complicated method, and CIG would never let anyone take the game engine (the parts that matter, you could try to use lumberyard but CIG has it customized to their needs already) 

Ive already taken apart SC code, but its complicated, requires me to use 3rd party software to unzip a few files or read the file code.

And finally CIG has already promised us that SC can be fully modded, the only difference is that you must run your version of SC on a private server so that your mod doesn't affect the real game.

14 minutes ago, The_Director said:

Well right now modders can already gain access to these models, its just through a complicated method

...that involves violation of EULA among other things :)

Ive already taken apart SC code, but its complicated, requires me to use 3rd party software to unzip a few files or read the file code.

.. and this violates EULA as well :)

And finally CIG has already promised us that SC can be fully modded

nope .. they promised some modifications possible .. as long as I'm not mistaken word "full" was never used :)

the only difference is that you must run your version of SC on a private server so that your mod doesn't affect the real game.

judging by current situation I foresee rather "you'd need to rent your own amazon server with preinstalled SC and you'd be given some mod tools :) )