Hero

I've had a few amusing moments in 3.0 due to various bugs, but so far this was the funniest. As many of you will know, when you turn on your ship engines the ship will often lurch forward suddenly in an uncontrollable matter. Usually moving the throttle full forward and then back to zero fixes it in time before anything terrible happens. However in this case, while trying to take off from Levski, the Retaliator I was flying ended up like this:

tali3_small.jpg.8960ab17dbe52aac7ded81e82945ff4d.jpg

It was rather dark at the time I was taking off, so initially I couldn't figure out why I was having so much trouble piloting the ship up and out. I finally abandoned ship and soon figured it out...

I had a wierd one the other day, I was playing SC in Bigscreen in VR showing it off to a couple of randos, I took off from Levski, was flying away from it for about 10 seconds, then the next thing my Cutlass is glitching around in the edges of the hangar, I managed to untangled it after a frantic 30 seconds, and fly out of the hangar again. 

1 hour ago, FriendCalledFive said:

I had a wierd one the other day, I was playing SC in Bigscreen in VR showing it off to a couple of randos, I took off from Levski, was flying away from it for about 10 seconds, then the next thing my Cutlass is glitching around in the edges of the hangar, I managed to untangled it after a frantic 30 seconds, and fly out of the hangar again. 

it is actually the sign that server is almost dead ... i once got a server that put me back into bed every time I tried to open a door :)

Just now, Roy said:

it is actually the sign that server is almost dead ... i once got a server that put me back into bed every time I tried to open a door :)

I had cargo on board my ship, I made it back to Olisar to sell it before I left the server. I had the back to bed thing once, I detest the getting up animation so much, that is the worst part of the game for me, so having to do it twice was very irksome!

28 minutes ago, FriendCalledFive said:

I had cargo on board my ship, I made it back to Olisar to sell it before I left the server. I had the back to bed thing once, I detest the getting up animation so much, that is the worst part of the game for me, so having to do it twice was very irksome!

I tried to get out of the room 5 times before giving up (there was no cargo in my pigamas )

I find Levski always puts my Cutlass' on their backs. Cant get in to exit either. Sometimes the floors are quicksand too and that also screws getting out. Typically I have to spawn a Herald and then fly back to Olisar.

22 minutes ago, Bursar said:

I find Levski always puts my Cutlass' on their backs. Cant get in to exit either. Sometimes the floors are quicksand too and that also screws getting out. Typically I have to spawn a Herald and then fly back to Olisar.

That is odd, I stick to my cutlass nearly all the time for trade runs, it is normally rock solid at Levski!

My Titan has issues when taking off at Levski.

Landed at Levski twice in my Cutlass. Last time, there was a ship upside down in the bay I was directed to but I managed to set down beside it.  Little scary but I made it. Slow, slow slow!:-)

as soon as you have unusable ship in any port I'd STRONGLY recommend to change servers.

Here is my story -  I got a broken ship on olisar, so I asked a friendly starsitizen to move me out to grim hex ... claimed ship there and flight back to Olisar in it .... to my HUGE surprise I wasn't able to get green light for landing as Olisar was sure I already requested a platform .

Luckily I remembered where my ship was originally (not working one) .. and IT WAS STILL THERE .. so I was able to land close to it w/o crime  penalty .. but it isn't for everyone lol.

1 hour ago, AthomSmasher said:

Ha ha. Had a similar problem with a Retaliator but mine flipped over on it's back lol

back in time I had most of my money in a freelancer that spawned upside down ... was barely able to get into and fly out .. but I did it and I'm proud :)