Hero

38 minutes ago, Bursar said:

Yes, more money, but a lot more performance too ;)

From what they were guessing in that article, it didn't sound radically faster.

As a VR user, I need all the horsepower I can get, but would only upgrade if it give a worthwhile boost from my 1080.

Bought 2 Titan Xp in December trying not to read any of the article of the new volta chip set cards to not be tempted to upgrade again, trying to keep them for at least 2-3 years.

3 hours ago, Gert said:

Bought 2 Titan Xp in December trying not to read any of the article of the new volta chip set cards to not be tempted to upgrade again, trying to keep them for at least 2-3 years.

What CPU you have with them? 

2 hours ago, RSLtaken said:

What CPU you have with them? 

i got the little I9 7900x with it, I wanted to get the 7920x but there was no stock. But still happy with the one i got

22 hours ago, Bursar said:

As I surmised, waiting a bit of the next new NVidia could well be worth it. Coming to a store near you in the not too distant future.......

https://www.pcgamesn.com/nvidia/nvidia-volta-gpu-specifications

I'll wait even longer. I'll probably be waiting for the one a couple generations after this one ;-)

My i7 6700k is good for a while yet (clocked at 4.6ghz), but I might need to upgrade the 980Ti. I just resent getting rid of a pair of 144hz 27" 1ms gaming screens to get something that can cope with 4k. It's a big stretch to do it all in one go - I do still like to eat food as a general rule ;) lol

On 24/01/2018 at 4:48 PM, FriendCalledFive said:

From what they were guessing in that article, it didn't sound radically faster.

As a VR user, I need all the horsepower I can get, but would only upgrade if it give a worthwhile boost from my 1080.

If you look at the numbers, it has a 50% increase on bandwidth, 25% more ram over a Titan V, smaller die size and this could well make a significant difference to your bank balance ;)