Guest - Member Global Message

This is the Header Alert Global Message description. This message can be changed in your themes acp.

Tactical Advance
MyImageName

Banner 1 Title

MyImageName

Banner 2 Title

MyImageName

Banner 3 Title

Bursar

New Road Map for 2018

Enjoy.............

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen

IF we are really lucky, by the end of the year there will be jam and not just the promise of jam :) Many new ships and features on the way. Fingers crossed they come through, although on past form, dont expect it all.

Oh cool, compeletely missed this :O

Less cool.. WTF HAPPENED TO ALL THE SHIPS?! we don't even have half of what we were supposed to get in 3.1.. You'd think that after they delay 3.0 by a year we'd get MORE ships.. not LESS.. I am kinda disappointed..

EDIT: AHAHAHA, the Merchantman which should release in may according to the old production schedule doesn't even show up in any of the patches, so I guess we aren't get it this year? (same goes for the 890 jump...)

Kinda gutted that the Orion isn't coming out this year, and by the looks of things doesn't look like we will be leaving the system any time soon.

Hopefully by the end of this year all the mechanics will be setup and then they can implement more planets and systems and just apply the mechanics to thoughs systems shouldn't be too difficult or time consuming once we have the mechanics!

Next year looks promising for indepth gameplay potential and hopefully by the end of next year we will have a new system to travel to... that will spice things up!!

Thanks for this @Bursar xx

Er yes, something of a lack of ships especially a really serious one called the Carrack........... Another no show along with numerous others it would appear. I'll get the majority of mine, Freelancer variants, Cutlass variants etc. Even the Hawk is sheduled. But some of the important ones have vanished - yet again.

I'd say it differently - ther is nothing for Carrack to do in 3.x - there is no unchartered wormholes ( ffs there are no wormholes in general ) .. there is no drone mechanic in game .. there is no derelict sites that require deep scanning ... actually there is no deep scanning at all.   So all of it together  means - there is no reason to bring Carrack in for now .. even 315p is enough.

I think back in time those were more about mechanics ...  now 610 is better than Carrack and phoenix is better than 890 and hull c is better than banu to test mechanics with minimum overhead :(

They literally came out and said that these were the first non-SQ42 ships and that they chose these ships because they were the most requested, nothing to do with mechanics.

Also the thing that pisses me off is how they always said that delays shouldn't delay everything, like the year delay on 3.0 shouldn't have affected the ship pipepline much as it had to do with network coding, however, here we are, with no extra ships and even some ships missing... (on the original pipeline the MM was gonna finish in May.. so how can it be gone now?)

Another thing that sits wrong with me is the communication, this is a pretty big deal but if you don't pay attention you'd miss it because CIG failed to talk about this. Why so sneaky =<

Let be real here. BMM is the first Banu ship and it is huge, they don't know how long that going to take. Carrack is the top of the line long range explorer, It lots of thinks on that ship they have not worked out. Like the med bay just to name one. The Orion is what 340 meters now and they are still working on mining and refining. Until they work out how they want that to work it no point take every part of that s**t to 100% complete. You could have to redo it later. That a waist of time and money.

We all what them as soon as we can. But the longer we wait the better they be. And just because they are not on the list don't mean we want see any of them this year. Just they might know when they be out. Or if they can get them out but they be close. If we do see them it be around 3.3 or 3.4.  

5 hours ago, Akanoes said:

They literally came out and said that these were the first non-SQ42 ships and that they chose these ships because they were the most requested, nothing to do with mechanics.

Also the thing that pisses me off is how they always said that delays shouldn't delay everything, like the year delay on 3.0 shouldn't have affected the ship pipepline much as it had to do with network coding, however, here we are, with no extra ships and even some ships missing... (on the original pipeline the MM was gonna finish in May.. so how can it be gone now?)

Another thing that sits wrong with me is the communication, this is a pretty big deal but if you don't pay attention you'd miss it because CIG failed to talk about this. Why so sneaky =<

Well...

Every month they make a new ship sale (or almost every month, where is our January ship?) and lately these ships have been getting more and more polished at the reveal than before.

So this makes me believe there are ships awaiting in the wings that will make it into each update that are simply not shown yet.

Also the 890J was only going to be released because they want it to be used to define the Origin ship style... Then they chose the 600i to be the ship that defines Origin. So ya only when the 600i is ingame is when they will work on the 890J. I simply cannot comment on any of the other ships because Origin, Why anything else? (though i agree with the BMM, they increased the size of the ship so i doubt that in May we will see anything other than a white box)

I've said it before, for me, the real development started around 2015, when they established more offices (Frankfurt) and hired more people to at least optimistically even make this game. So 3 years later, I can say that they have a decent alpha going with a lot of really important updates planned this year.

Now if one thinks that they started development around 2012, then  I can totally see that persons frustration with the delays and half of a decade of waiting for something cool. 

Didn't CR, in RtR, say something about a bunch of things that will be completed this year that are not on the plan? I can't remember what his reason was, though. Maybe that they didn't yet have enough info to put them in the correct place on the schedule?? Anyone remember exactly what he said?