Tactical Advance
Bursar

3.01 You Have Been Warned

A quick summary of the new 3.01 patch.....

OMFG what a total pile of steaming cr*p :)

1) Frame Rate :- Varies, regardless of server between 2 & 52, but there is a reason.

2) Pirates :- If the real universe has this many NPC pirates there simply wont be enough room for the rest of us. Go to quantum, get dropped out. Burn past, count to 15 Quantum, get dropped out. Burn past, count to 15, go to quantum, get dropped out. I am averaging 7-9 interdictions per run. Not quite sure where the fun in that is. Oh, if you want to deal with pirates, one question. How do you like dealing with them at 2 FPS? Because that's what you get any time an event happens.

3) There appears to be a pirate Caterpillar stuffed with cargo that you can meet quite regularly. Now I am sure it was meant as a fun interlude designed to give joy and smiles to all the family. However, When you destroy aforementioned ship it spews cargo everywhere, go back to 1) see FPS issues!!

So far one step forward but at least 4 backwards. Time of play right now seems immaterial, most likely just because its the new & shiny thing everybody wants to try again.

Good Luck, you're really going to need it.

PS, your bank is back to 5k ;) Yes, YOURS - Mine is already back to 50k lol - last one to a million gets the drinks in :-D

I only tried the PTU briefly yesterday and wasn't impressed by the framerate, it was very stuttery. I wasn't expecting them to make it live so soon.

Update: I just tried 3.0.1, higher overall framerate, but very stuttery often. Given your advice about the interdiction, I thought I would go tooled up with my Super Hornet, sure enough, on first jump was interdicted by an Aurora, 2 Caterpillars and a Connie. I took out the 3 big ships easily, one gave me a very satisfying explosion, but the game CTD'd while engaging the Aurora.

Not impressed :(

Edited by FriendCalledFive

I don't get it.. Why the rush? why even bother with PTU if it is going live the next day.. broken.. What is CIG thinking.. Although, judging from 3.0.. even eif they delay by a year, it will still be broken xD

I tried to play again, still stuttery mess. I spawned my formerly trusty Cutlass, when I approached the pad it was a foot or so off the deck, and settled back to where it should be when I approached. It had doors and engines and other minor quality of life features you want in a ship, the rear door opened, great I thought! My excitement was short lived as the internal door wouldn't open!

It must be a fair amount of effort for CIG to do a Evocati/limited user PTU test, why not run it for a few days to iron the kinks out?

Things in 3.01 appear to be settling down now. Chose your time of day carefully and you should be fine. Cargo runs - get to the places you want to use early on or they get stripped out. If you see someone already there it probably means you arent going to get what you want.

I am now back to over 500k pretty easily :)

Unfortunately I lost my money at the second run .. so only could say couple of things

1) grim hex landing parts are not working well with freelancers

2) you know have better chances to respawn at location where you die ( grim hex, levski etc. ) so in case of crash try to respawn once and see whether there is something to save or not

An interesting little side issue - pirates. Are we supposed to have 15 of the buggers appear if you shoot and kill one of them? Only it does seem a "bit" excessive.

1 hour ago, Bursar said:

An interesting little side issue - pirates. Are we supposed to have 15 of the buggers appear if you shoot and kill one of them? Only it does seem a "bit" excessive.

It isn't good when it is tanking server performance when it happens.

If it was only tanking the server i'd be happy. Seeing the server vanish on a repeated basis is a bit of a giveaway. I'd like to know who is receiving the stress. While they may be doing it to the server, its really not doing me any good either.......

I am now back to 700k with a full military systems spec Freelancer, although who knows if this gear does anything yet :)