Guest - Member Global Message

This is the Header Alert Global Message description. This message can be changed in your themes acp.

Tactical Advance
MyImageName

Banner 1 Title

MyImageName

Banner 2 Title

MyImageName

Banner 3 Title

Sign in to follow this  
LordSeb

PSU AX860 - Owner query

Hey folks,

I got my new PSU a corsair AX860 arrive, replacing my Corsair CX500. I have plugged her all in perfectly and am getting greenlights across the board. There is however a technical hitch I don't understand. Between 30 seconds to 7 minutes everything just dies. Like I have run up and flicked the mains switch. I at first thought under close inspection PSU has a hybrid or normal switch for the fan control better stick it to normal that might fix it. BUT no dice.

I let it sit about for an hour (Sometimes computers don't like being moved, I find). It suddenly died again. 

PSU is drawing 168 - 200 watts not exceeding the 200 watts. I did notice before I did all the cable tying with the case open it was bouncing 220-360/420 quite erratically when idled at desktop. Post cable tying idle is as I say 168-200 watts. 

Anyway :D anyone got some nuggets of wisdom to give to me or had experience with an AX860. I mean its meant to be Corsairs top of the wazza with the exception of AXi involving the corsair link thingy.

Cheers. 

Had to take the PSU back sadly. Looks like I got a dud. Any recommendations on a new top quality PSU? After platinum rated in the 91% zone preferably.

So far I have been recommended to go with an EVGA 850 Supernova P2 or a Corsair HX850 but to stay away from seasonic.

Edited by LordSeb

On 2/10/2018 at 5:04 PM, LordSeb said:

So far I have been recommended to go with an EVGA 850 Supernova P2 or a Corsair HX850 but to stay away from seasonic.

Had the same discussion couple of months ago with my friends .. ended up going EVGA 850 P2 route ..  bought individually sleeved cables for it (from EVGA as well) ..  and can't complain about anyting PSU related so far.

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:16 AM, Roy said:

Had the same discussion couple of months ago with my friends .. ended up going EVGA 850 P2 route ..  bought individually sleeved cables for it (from EVGA as well) ..  and can't complain about anyting PSU related so far.

I have just gone that route and brought it home two days ago. Decided, I wanted to give the other brand a chance (EVGA = Super flower made. Corsair is Seasonic made). It works like a charm so far. Hahaha then ran into the issue of I got the new graphics card only to have my case being too small and it isn't a small case.