Hero
Akanoes

Aegis Vulcan VIP Early Bird Special (Concierge)

Dear Concierge Member,

The Chairman's Club is pleased to announce VIP Early Bird special access to Aegis Dynamics' Vulcan. As a Concierge member you can add the latest concept ship to your fleet before anyone else.

This versatile utility ship will let you become a one-person support crew, supplying aid to pilots on the fly. Whether pinned down under heavy fire and in need of ammunition, low on quantum fuel after an ill-planned jump, or stranded in unknown space with a busted thruster, a pilot in distress can always count on a Vulcan and its quartet of BARD drones to lend speedy, efficient assistance.

You also get early access to the Aegis Dynamics Wrecking Crew ship pack. Providing the Vulcan with an elite cadre of Aegis ships to repair, refuel and rearm, this intimidating assemblage is designed to work in formidable harmony.

These Early Bird pledges include LTI, two alternate Vulcan ship skins, as well as a wearable United Wayfarers Club service uniform exclusive to Concierge. On February 22nd, VIP special access will end and the offers will no longer include the exclusive outfit, so grab yours here today.

For more details on the Vulcan, tune into today's episode of Around the Verse, where the latest edition of Ship Shape features a segment on the ship's design and functions. 

Fideles Quoad Decedemus,

Board of Trustees
VulcanStill.jpg

Geez its one hell of an ugly ship. But I suppose function over form does the job. This also ticks boxes in 3 areas. Says single crew ship - but has 2 bunks AND needs two people to run the 4 drones ;) Single person my Ar**. Anyway CIG take my money and just stop with these concept support ships for a while so my bank account can recover.

I like the Aegis Wrecking Crew Pack because in addition to the Vulcan it includes an Eclipse, which I'd consider owning just for the look of it, and two Avengers, the Titan and Warlock, which I've been considering getting anyway. And it also includes a Reclaimer, which I already own, but I could just melt the one I have.

Unfortunately it is only available as Warbond at the moment, and of course the non-Warbond version will cost more. If I had enough free cash burning a hole in my pocket at the moment I might just buy it, but as I'm not particularly flush with cash at the moment I guess I'll have to pass. It is a nice group of ships though, IMO.

I thought it would add significantly to my setup and was considering a Crucible before it appeared anyway. While not as capable this offers a slightly wider range of abilities albeit at a reduced function AND cost :)

I own a Reclaimer, would it be a wise choice to also get the Vulcan seeing that most likely will use the Reclaimers resources (the grounded up bits and bobs) for repair purposes 
or is it redundant and a terrible waste...seeing as I would have to melt the Cutty Red & Herald to scrap the funds together??

14 hours ago, Silas said:

I own a Reclaimer, would it be a wise choice to also get the Vulcan seeing that most likely will use the Reclaimers resources (the grounded up bits and bobs) for repair purposes 
or is it redundant and a terrible waste...seeing as I would have to melt the Cutty Red & Herald to scrap the funds together??

As always, it depends on what you'll have fun doing.

Ambulance driver or info runner is very different from tow truck driver. Pick the ships that match what you'll enjoy more. I get that at the moment there is a bit of fun just from theory crafting and min/max'ing the most efficient play, but that's mostly because there's no ability to actually play the roles. Once you can actually play, that will be secondary to actually having fun playing the game.

I dont see a Reclaimer conflicting with a Vulcan. They have very different roles, even if the Vulcan offers 3. I've picked up a Vulcan instead of a Crucible as a budget alternative. Plus it offers the refueling / rearming option. I have a Starfarer to collect and refine the fuel too. Basically apart from fighting and reclaim, I am covered in every department of smaller ships now. They will need to offer something spectacular to open my wallet now ;) Although I will admit being in much further than I wanted to be, in a game that isnt even live yet! :-/

Ah, this damn game.

I just sold my Reclaimer.

And I just sold my X1 three pack.

... And ...

... wait for it ...

... you know what's coming ...

... you guessed it: I bought the Aegis Wrecking Crew Pack LTI.

So I had a bit of extra cash on hand, and I really wanted the Eclipse that comes in the pack. I can't really justify it because, to be honest, I mostly wanted the Eclipse because it looks amazing. Very little practical game considerations went into the decision.

I used my one year subscriber 10% discount, so overall it meant another $450 into the game.

The X1 three pack had been bought as LTI tokens in the first place, and I never had any intention of keeping them. No loss there. And a Reclaimer is part of the pack, so that was a wash.

The Vulcan? I don't actually want the Vulcan. I intend to upgrade it to something else. Just not sure what yet, but likely a Vanguard variant. The Avenger Titan will definitely be used as an LTI token as well. Not sure about the Avenger Warlock. I may keep it for a while, but it is very possible it will also be used as an LTI token.

So the TL;DR here?  I basically picked up an LTI Eclipse and some LTI tokens.