Hero
Sign in to follow this  
All Hell

Voice Control Software

http://www.voiceattack.com/

Interesting and inexpensive voice control software. Below is a demo of it being utilized in Elite Dangerous. Its late but I downloaded the trial and set it up, had to make a few minor changes but I had it up in running in just a few minutes. The command building editor is very intuitive and i found it easy to figure out at 2AM. Its awesome to walk up to something in the hangar and say "open" and it does.

9Fd5dgFJurQ
The responses you hear given are text to speech responding from the voice attack software.

The commands can nest and you can launch another string of commands, launch programs etc. This was the best $8 (paypal) I have spent in a couple years.

That is some epic stuff, response seems really good. Wondering what he linked to the 'evasion' command though, couldn't really tell what happened. I'll be downloading the trial to test it with E:D beta and DFM later this week!

That is some epic stuff, response seems really good. Wondering what he linked to the 'evasion' command though, couldn't really tell what happened. I'll be downloading the trial to test it with E:D beta and DFM later this week!

Evasion seemed to trigger a lazy rolling manuever. You can build everything from a simple button press, common macros or an elaborate strings of chained actions and subsequent commands. To be honest I have yet to scratch the surface of how powerful this program is.

I've used voice attack quite a bit and it works really well and on some games i don't know what i would do with out it. It does use the windows speech recognition software, so it is worth doing the speech recognition tutorial so it learns your voice a bit.

On some games i have over 150 commands, because every time you write a variation it counts that as a new command. eg, shields full, shields to full, full shields....the program counts that as 3 commands even though they all do the same thing. Keeping that in mind and considering how cheap the program is its worth just buying it.

for me there is no question that i will be using it for SC along with the button box i use for iracing

I am still deciding on a final control scheme but I feel that HOTAS is not the way I want to go. I have a X45 and a cyborg 3d but to be honest I am leaning towards utilizing a xbox controller. I have the Razer Tartarus which is 25 keys with up to 8 profiles however keeping track of which profile you are on can be a pain, same with the x45. Thats when i started digging for voice control software pointed at the gaming market.

Great find! Keep posting on how you find the use of the software please.

If my computer cooperates with me, the end of the week I will upload a video of some vanduul swarm action utilizing voice attack and whatever control scheme I work out.

Override Listening with a Spoken Command

This will allow for cleaner and simpler profile commands using built in features.
The, 'Override listening if my spoken command begins with...' option was added as a fun way to interact with VoiceAttack (even if VoiceAttack is not listening).
If you say what is in the input box before your command, VoiceAttack will listen to that command and go back to not listening.
For instance, let's say you have a spoken command called, 'Attack', and VoiceAttack's listening is off. Let's also say that your listening override is, 'computer' (as shown (See Manual [install root]\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\VoiceAttackHelp.pdf)).
While listening is off, you can say, 'Attack' all day, and, nothing will happen. If this option is on, you can say, 'Computer, Attack' and VoiceAttack will execute the, 'Attack' command (and then resume not listening).