Tactical Advance
LordSeb

Looking for a new gaming case, any recommendations?

PC Gaming Case Choice  

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which case would you recommend going with?

• NZXT Phantom 820
    • NZXT Phantom 530
    • NZXT Noctis 450
    • Corsair Graphite 760t
    • Corsair 570x tempered glass
    • Other (Comment below)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/06/18 at 11:11 PM

Hey guys,

:D so  I replaced my power supply, got the new graphics card and it doesn't fit. So I have given up and I am building a new rig entirely (Giving this one to the Missus). Here are a few cases I have looked at and I am wondering if anyone has one and how they find it. Just knocking up a quick poll for which to go with.

Basically putting in: Top tier ryzen cpu, motherboard (Not decided), 32 or 64g corsair ddr 4 ram, 1 or 2 SSD, GTX 970.

Edited by LordSeb

Always found corsairs to be pretty decent quality. A bit sharp around the edges but nothing a bit of sandpaper cant sort out. Can be quite loud though. If you can get hold of some automotive sound insulation or similar it can help with the noise.

Cases are very tough topic.   I got Corsair 750D now, but I'm not extremely happy, as I had to become creative with CPU cooling placement :( ... still decent case, so I guess Corsairs in general should be ok for cases

Corsair are lovely. I have an Obsidian - it's bloody huge and nearly gives me a hernia. BUT its incredibly easy to work on with all the space. The bigger you can justify the better, make life easy on yourself and future upgrades. Mine sits under the desk so I dont need lights and whirly things.

A case is only the majority of what you can see, so looks are subjective (what looks good to you). i'm personally looking at the BitFenix ENSO for my next upgrade(mm.. arr geee Bee). looking at video reviews can sometimes help judge how easy a case can be to work in, as other have said bigger is easier. i've mostly used a corsair Graphite 230T so cannot rely say about the other brands.

Ok done a ton of video reviews. I think I have narrowed it all down to a Phantom 820 vs a Noctis 450. 

Here is someones complete build in the Noctis with the same graphics card I have. It looks like it cuts the case in half with the exception of the HDD bays to the right:
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/kfZ8TW

Reckon this would cause any temperature issues? I am probably going to end up going air cooling because I am not fond of the idea of water cooling, I don't want a water mess and dusting seems a lot easier than changing out liquid. Haha not like a car you can just undo a bolt and let her rip.

Alternatively a built version in the 820:
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/4kYrxr

Looks like there is a ton of room air wise. Noctis cant get a vent in down there because of its PSU shroud. Trouble is, the case is very big. Weighs about 15 or so kg and about 23cm wide 67cm tall and 63cm long.

Either all, I am likely to swap out all the fans for Corsairs ML120's and ML140's. Use either a Noctus NH-D14 or D15 on the processor.

Personally I don't like cases with drive bays that back on to where the GPU will sit, some GPU's are longer than others. Unless you have a need to put a dozen full size HDD's (such quaint tech) in a case, I would go for one with more free space.