Hero
SlimReaper24

Do new/updated ships always get a discount?

I noticed that all the ships that were introduced in the 1st quarter of 2018 like the Razor, Reclaimer, and Terrapin had a reduced price associated with them. Is this the case for every update during each quarter? 

I noticed they are implementing revised models to the Freelancer series and I was wondering if I should purchase it now or wait until the end of the year to take advantage of a reduced price and the longer insurance. 

Ships going on sale means they are available to buy, not at a reduced price. Occasionally there are starter packages at reduced sale prices.

Concept ships go on sale with a cheaper warbond variant which means you can only buy it with real money, not store credit.

20 minutes ago, SlimReaper24 said:

Ok cool I guess Ill wait for the Freelancer variant warbond at the end of this year. 

I'm afraid warbond freelancer variants are not happening anytime soon :(

2 hours ago, Roy said:

I'm afraid warbond freelancer variants are not happening anytime soon :(

I saw under the development section that for the 4th quarter of 2018 they will be implementing the revised models of the Freelancer. 

4 hours ago, SlimReaper24 said:

Ok thank you for clearing that up

You are welcome, and sorry for bad news .

On the positive note - you could buy any new ship that is CHEAPER than freelancer as a warbond LTI version and later upgrade it to freelancer.  This would give you cheaper than "classical" and LTI freelancer.   

6 hours ago, Roy said:

On the positive note - you could buy any new ship that is CHEAPER than freelancer as a warbond LTI version and later upgrade it to freelancer.  This would give you cheaper than "classical" and LTI freelancer.   

LTI seems to be becoming a lot rarer now, even on warbond ships.

11 hours ago, FriendCalledFive said:

LTI seems to be becoming a lot rarer now, even on warbond ships.

Warbond is "just" - cash only ...  while LTI is "first time ever" or at least "rare occasion" .. at least in 2018 :)

22 hours ago, Roy said:

Wow that sounds awesome. Its like a little loophole in the system. Im definitely going to do that!