Hero
Sign in to follow this  
Bursar

Hercules CCU Available..

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/extras?product_id=&sort=store&search=hercules&itemType=skus&storefront=pledge&type=extras

I have CCU'd my Cutlass Black to the C2 Hercules and dropped a couple of other things in the process (Titan, Argo, Cyclone & X1 Force) plus some credit). The Black was too similar to my Freelancer and as I have both the DUR & MAX on the way, the Black became obselete to me - I still have the Red. The C2 will offer me some serious cargo hauling capacity over a Caterpillar - another 50 scu. Plus front and rear ramps for vehicles. It also while not pretty, its a lot prettier than the Caterpillar! Seems like a no brainer to me although I will be interested in seeing what the loaner is - a Caterpillar? ;)

I looked at all 3, but these arent small ships and they will have a cost to run. The A2 will most likely have the highest operating costs because of its role. The C2 the lowest because its basically Ro-Ro (Roll On Roll Off) with the doors front and back. I'm also hoping that the shape should make it easier to handle in an atmosphere. I think there is also a valid point in mentioning the base cost of these things. They arent cheap. I could buy a Hull C for a lot less and get a massive amount of capacity. However any Hull above  B cant land with the cargo - this can. Perhaps this will work well with a C & above ferrying cargo from ground to orbit or the reverse.