Hero
Sign in to follow this  
Bursar

New Vulture

I will possibly hold off on this one. Not sure how it fits with my current set up - So it will most likely be an in game purchase. The alternative is to CCU a Herald and use store credit.

I really like the Vulture, which surprises me because I wasn't expecting much from it.

I agree that it makes more sense than a Reclaimer for a solo player.

However, I think it is a small enough ship that it shouldn't be too difficult to earn in game, whereas the Reclaimer will be far more difficult to earn in game.

Personally I have a Reclaimer, which I'll get around to using whenever I can come up with sufficient crew and resources to fly it. I may well be able to earn a Vulture in game before I'm able to afford taking out my Reclaimer for more than short rides.

I think both of you are right. These big ships are going to need a lot or resources to fly, be that crew or money. The small ships make a lot more sense and I think a lot of people have overlooked the potential of the smaller ships. In this case could 5 Vultures do as much as 1 Reclaimer? Same crew numbers, but they will be simpler to operate too. Plus they looks small enough to fit inside something larger.

6 hours ago, Bursar said:

I think both of you are right. These big ships are going to need a lot or resources to fly, be that crew or money. The small ships make a lot more sense and I think a lot of people have overlooked the potential of the smaller ships. In this case could 5 Vultures do as much as 1 Reclaimer? Same crew numbers, but they will be simpler to operate too. Plus they looks small enough to fit inside something larger.

I think if you were to do a wolf pack of vultures you would have 3 vultures, a starfarer (or a ship that can do advanced refining of materials and carry supplies for vultures) and a Hull B or C ship to transport final components/resources to the store.

The advantage with the reclaimer is that it's a more complete ship. The vulture can cut and hack, but i doubt it can do it as well as an reclaimer on a smaller scale.

In the end this enables a smaller amount of ppl to do a job, Vs having a reclaimer and a starfarer to refuel ships and supplies to stay out longer, and a few dog fighters for protection. (because all of the ships in this wolf pack are far more expensive)

Having watched the videos about the Vulture, I decided to CCU my Herald and add a bit of Store Credit. It rounds out my Hanger with all current Industry options and it also has 12scu of cargo. This means that it slots nicely in towards the bottom end of my capacities and should enable me to carry anywhere from 12 to nearly 500 scu in convenient amounts.

IF a ship / derelict is wrecked on a planet in safe space and say its a biggie - what's to stop you slapping a land grant in the 8km sq spot and effectively cornering it? It would add a layer of secuirty to either scrapping on a huge scale or the ability to repair over time.

I see the Vulture as offering small capability that isnt otherwise offered, without the need to move a big ship, crew and costs to do a job. Everything scales, so 2 or three vultures would potentially offer a small salvage crew that doesnt need a big ship.