Hero
Sign in to follow this  
Fatie89

Do you even DCS bro?

Hello fellow members!

I have searched the forum for any topics on DCS (Digital Combat Simulator) and I found nothing.

I am interested in seeing if people of this community have any interest in these kind of simulators. 

Now I'm not in any way or shape on an instructor level of knowledge when it comes to this sim or any aircraft but I'm getting by learning as I go.

Key features of DCS World 2.5:

*The most realistic Free-to-Play digital battlefield ever.

*One-of-a-kind, internally developed graphics engine that looks amazing from 0 to 80,000 feet.

*Includes a beautiful, free, and highly detailed map of the Caucasus region that includes south western Russia and Georgia.

*Includes 20 fully-equipped operational airbases, millions of buildings and trees, and thousands of kilometers of usable roads and railway.

*Includes 156 free and fully operational weapons systems, 105 ground vehicles, 19 ships and 84 AI-controlled aircraft.

*Fly the TF-51 Mustang and Su-25T attack jet for free!

*Play all DCS World modules from one DCS World version.

*State-of-the-art graphics with amazing lighting, shadows, and performance.

*New breathtaking effects for explosions, clouds, fog, fire, and smoke.

*Hundreds of land, air and seaborne AI vehicles. The world is your sandbox.

*Create your own missions and campaigns for unlimited gameplay!

*Mission generator included allowing rapid mission creation.

*Enjoy multiplayer with friends, and even fly together in the same aircraft for multi-crew missions!

*Purchase and fly the most iconic airplanes and helicopters from WWII up to the modern day.

*Mouse interactive 6 degrees of freedom cockpits for most aircraft and the most accurate flight models, cockpit systems, sensors, targeting systems and sounds available.

*Purchase and fly the most authentic simulations of the A-10C Warthog, UH-1H Huey, F-86F Sabre, Spitfire, and many others now.

*Exciting new aircraft coming to DCS World like the F-14 Tomcat, F/A-18C Hornet, F-4E Phantom II, Mi-24P Hind, P-47D Thunderbolt, and many more!

*Purchase additional high-quality maps such as Normandy 1944 and the Nevada Test and Training Range.

*Play hundreds of missions and campaigns with new campaigns continually created.

*Both hardcore realistic and casual gameplay modes and options available.

*Virtual reality support.

*Track IR support.

Link to the homepage https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/world/

Channels on YT that have good content using this sim.

Grim Reapers

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZuXjkFY00p1ga3UyCBbR2w/featured

Ralfidude

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7lK8qHqm21bv2jW6TKdNKA

Here are some screenshots I made while flying in the AJS37 Viggen on my way to drop bombs on some scum. The sim can be beautiful.

al5kyr.jpg

161yo44.jpg

2holdhf.jpg  

1 hour ago, FriendCalledFive said:

I have it and play it a bit in VR, but it has a very steep learning curve, especially with the Russian Helicopter I bought that shouts at me in Russian before it crashes. Is too hard for me to get my head around!

Is it the KA-50 Black Shark?

17 hours ago, Fatie89 said:

Is it the KA-50 Black Shark?

I tried taking it out on test flights, I can keep choppers in the air in other sims, but in this one I get shouted at and the chopper crashes after about a minute in the air.

1 hour ago, FriendCalledFive said:

I tried taking it out on test flights, I can keep choppers in the air in other sims, but in this one I get shouted at and the chopper crashes after about a minute in the air.

I use the Warthog HOTAS so I have two seperate throttle axis. I use one for collective (angle of the blades) and one for the throttle (increase-decrease the RPM of the engine).

In other games you usually just have a throttle with no need for adjustment of the collective. 

3 hours ago, Fatie89 said:

I use the Warthog HOTAS so I have two seperate throttle axis. I use one for collective (angle of the blades) and one for the throttle (increase-decrease the RPM of the engine).

In other games you usually just have a throttle with no need for adjustment of the collective. 

That could explain it, thanks! Game is too complex for me I think!

22 minutes ago, FriendCalledFive said:

That could explain it, thanks! Game is too complex for me I think!

Well this is why I did make this post, people who have no idea what they are doing learning together. Just give me a shout if you want to fly sometime.