Tactical Advance

Do you think it might be a way to kill time waiting for SC?  I'm playing Assassin's Creed Black Flag right now.  Lot's of fun and cheap on Steam sale. Just finished Subnautica. I loved it.

3 minutes ago, Lumpy said:

Do you think it might be a way to kill time waiting for SC?  I'm playing Assassin's Creed Black Flag right now.  Lot's of fun and cheap on Steam sale. Just finished Subnautica. I loved it.

Is a perfect way to spend waiting, especially if you liked Subnautica.

I remember the original reviews on release and it was pretty bad. I just watched the trailer for "Next", the next free update and read a few newer reviews, looks like it's improved a lot.  It does have a Subnautica look to it Friend. Multiplayer as well. Half price on Steam just might make me give it a try. ;)

16 hours ago, FriendCalledFive said:

The bad reviews were just by salty people who had hyped it up in their heads to be SC, and then exploded when it wasn't. Most people who actually played it enjoyed it. Ever since the day one review bomb, it has reviewed well.

Actually no, the bad reviews were from people who were lied to by the head of the studio. The trailers showed things that weren't in the game and he made huge (and false) promises about multiplayer and other stuff ;)

It was a bare game at launch and seems like they've improved on it a bit but yea, people were mad they were lied to and paid full price for what was basically an early access game.

On 7/24/2018 at 9:05 AM, FriendCalledFive said:

Is a perfect way to spend waiting, especially if you liked Subnautica.

Your right, very much like Sudnautica.  I'm 16 hrs. in game and for me it's fun. :-D Nothing like SC but I didn't expect it to be.  Kind of confusing at times  so a big thanks to all the people that post tips and tricks etc.  A great way to kill time waiting and half price always helps.

9 hours ago, Bursar said:

I have now bought it. 40 hours in so far. Quite good apart from the lurid colours. Having said that the grind is pretty harsh.

I agree on both points.

On 7/24/2018 at 10:00 PM, FriendCalledFive said:

The bad reviews were just by salty people who had hyped it up in their heads to be SC, and then exploded when it wasn't. Most people who actually played it enjoyed it. Ever since the day one review bomb, it has reviewed well.

It isnt SC, but by the same token, it's also pretty clunky. It needs some refinement for the keys used in combination with the mouse. I know my way around it now - but. When you do something on one side of the refiner and then differently on the other, it hasnt had a proper screening to ensure continuity. And the grind. It really does get a bit tedious - I'm saying this after only 55 hours gameplay.

Multi - tool use - Upgrade and loose all your refinements - whats that about?

Latest patch has also had some changes, especially with minerals - platinum amongst other things.

I think I am in the same place. Clunky, not bad, harsh grind and lurid colours.

42 minutes ago, Bursar said:

It isnt SC, but by the same token, it's also pretty clunky. It needs some refinement for the keys used in combination with the mouse. I know my way around it now - but. When you do something on one side one way of the refiner and then differently on the other, it hasnt had a proper screening to ensure continuity. And the grind. It really does get a bit tedious - I'm saying this after only 55 hours gameplay.

Multi - tool use - Upgrade and loose all your refinements - whats that about?

Latest patch has also had some changes, especially with minerals - platinum amongst other things.

I think I am in the same place. Clunky, not bad, harsh grind and lurid colours.

The Next update changed pretty much all the crafting elements, but in some cases things are a bit simpler and easier to find that it was before. It is very grind heavy early on, though once you get into farming the game will get a lot easier.