Tactical Advance
SlimReaper24

My Journey to Star Citizen

Hello, 

So I haven't been on for a very long time now, but I have started to put a list of components together for a gamers PC to be able to play this game. I decided to start by purchasing a nice 4k monitor with Freesync that I would be able to use with my Xbox One for now. No one truly knows when this game will come out and members have told me to wait because the technology will become obsolete. I think my next purchase will be a nice mouse and keyboard followed by the tower. If anyone has tips or suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. The list of items that I want to purchase ends up putting my budget at around $2,000. Here's a picture of my monitor: 

IMG_0493_1.jpg

For a PC that will last a good while I would recommend an i7 8700K, 16GB RAM (2x8GB) PC3200 with as low CL as you can afford, GTX1070, GTX1070TI or GTX1080, 256GB+ SSD for Windows and SC (SC will grow a lot bigger than it is now), a good quality 650W PSU. I can't advise on mobo though. If you do media creation as well as gaming you might want to go the AMD 2700X Ryzen route.

Make sure you get at the very least 16gb of ram. The game already pushes 16gb, and you will need a little extra for your OS to live on.

Also get an ssd decated to just Star Citizen, the game grows like 10gb every update, lol you just might need 500gb by launch.

i own a GTX 1070, I get an average of 26-30 FPS on SC, though I expect that will improve whenever they go to optimize the game.

An M.2. Drive big enough for Windows and Star Citizen wont do you badly, I have a Samsung 512gb. An SSD is adequate though. Yes 16gb ram  - plus. I run 32GB. You wont go wrong with an Asus board either. They arent cheap but they are lovely. Simply put, build in redundancy whenever you can.