Hero
AndrewRall

A Work In Progress [Always]

My desk is pulled out because I'm currently using the streaming box. I wanted to see how far I could push the 9900k and I pushed a little too far, I'll get it fixed up soon enough.

Main:

Case  Thermaltake View 71, a few Thermaltake Riing sets w/rads

PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 850 RGB
Motherboard: AORUS Gaming 7
CPU: 9900k, custom loop
RAM: 16GB GSkillz TridentZ RGB 3200 
Graphics: 2x MSI 1080ti GamingX 

Water: XSPC main components, Phanteks GPU blocks
Sound: 7.1 to Klipsch, Yamaha MG-10XU to Rode NT1
Hard Drive(s): Optane 280;  512GB Samsung 960 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD, Few Samsung Pro SSDs 

Home Cloud: Synology 10TB NAS
Monitors: 3x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q IPS 165Hz
Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wireless

Mouse: Logitech Trackball 570 Wireless

Cam: Logitech 4k Pro

HOTAS: X-56, Clamps

NextDesk Standing Desk

Sennheiser heads, TrackIR, VoiceAttack, Sputnik lighting

Dedicated Streaming/Encoding Box:

A toned down Thermaltake build - 8700k, SSDs, and Elgato 4k and two Streamdecks... input from main.

andrew_one.jpg

andrew_two.jpg

@ 5.0 on all cores in short controlled tests I didn't break 70ish. Beyond that in step up increments on the 9900k seemed to be a problem. The product seemed to have had a weird threshold range on thermals that didn't scale properly. They (as a production batch) may even have a materials problem so I would hesitate in recommending the 9900k at this time. My impression was that it seemed to run incredibly hot compared to the 8700k with similar adjustments. Understandably, I may even go back to a 8700k on my main.

Edited by AndrewRall

Thanks for the info on the 9900k. Ive been looking at it and a lot of the reviews have been hedging their opinions. A big price increase for not a lot of gain. I think I will sit on my credit card for a bit :)

Really nice setup mate . Well laid out and nice Aesthetics and attention to detail . I have the same monitor 😁... and that’s where the comparisons stop . I’m starting a new sim build with star citizen and f1 racing in mind ..will post as I go along