Hero
Tactical Advance

Port Olisar to Hurston travel times by quantum drive & ship

This is interesting. So smaller ships are faster out of quantum, bigger ships are faster in quantum. So this could make ships like the Kraken and Idris help full in moving small ships faster long distances.  Not just saving with less fuel stops, it just faster. 

Its all good with large ships unless you need to travel through a star system to get to the next jump.

Then I would say go ahead and make the trip as long as possible in warp, and give me the maneuvering speed to deal with pirates, obstacles or needed pit-stops.

I guess its wormholes that have the fancy maneuvering inside the hole? Then you could really use a smaller ship.

And I am assuming the warps done in that spreadsheet started and ended in the same place.

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:11 AM, RSLtaken said:

This is interesting. So smaller ships are faster out of quantum, bigger ships are faster in quantum. So this could make ships like the Kraken and Idris help full in moving small ships faster long distances.  Not just saving with less fuel stops, it just faster. 

I actually really like the idea. It adds a bit of I guess realism or uniqueness to the ships and also will definitely open the transportation profession.Let's just try not to do the mental gymnastics on the physics behind it :D.

So far in 3.3.5 I've not minded the jump from Port Olisar to Hurston. My preference has been in my 600i or at least a spaceship with an interior so I can walk about inside. I mean I've had time to re-explore my 600i and realised that they had adjusted a few things here and there (I think the change was made moons ago now). I think though you do start to notice the repetitive creaking of the ship in quantum and that noise might wear on some people after a time, may want to BYO music. It will be great when there are more minigames in I think. The people I really feel sorry for are those in the fighters or cockpit only crafts. Stuck looking at the blue vortex of speeeed probably gets a bit old quickly. I did the jump a couple of times in my 85x and ran out of dashboard screens to press, twisty things to turn and mobiglass map info to read.

I'm all for the parking smaller ships and going for a quicker trip or at least having the ability to get out and  explore whilst in jump. I think there might be a lot more DOES IT FIT and CAN WE MAKE IT FIT happening in the near future.