Hero
Bursar

What Is Changing In Your Hanger?

Ive been waiting for a while now. I have just upgraded my Cutlass Red to the Apollo. Unfortunately lost a Cutlass from my hanger as its a small ship I like a lot. The loaner for the Apollo is a Connie. Yes, I will probably just ignore it ;) My medical needs have now been met though. The Cutlass was never going to offer the best facilities, while I plan on equipping the Apollo with 1 x Tier 3 and 2 x Tier 2 beds.

30 minutes ago, The_Director said:

I am actually thinking about the carrack. It’s such a large ship and if I trade everything for it it will only cost me $75

I have had a connie for quite a while and haven't gelled with it at all. I am selling some of my smaller ships to get bigger ships I actually like.

That 890J is tempting...… very tempting..... I am thinking of burning my 600i for it, but the AUD is sadly down :( and I love my 600i!!! I really love the size of the 600i touring and the spaciousness (Even if I have only seen the explorer in action - I do hope they secretly drop the touring tomorrow). If I recall 890j comes with your 85x, so I might burn my 85x as well if I'd get it back :) (There any 890J owners that can confirm you get the 85x when you buy just the 890j)

I'm sure there will be a few more surprises coming up. I mean I didn't expect to hear the Carrack is back under construction.

This might be the first quiet anniversary for me in while, but I am also considering getting more Endeavor modules. 

Edited by LordSeb

43 minutes ago, LordSeb said:

That 890J is tempting...… very tempting..... I am thinking of burning my 600i for it, but the AUD is sadly down :( and I love my 600i!!! I really love the size of the 600i touring and the spaciousness (Even if I have only seen the explorer in action - I do hope they secretly drop the touring tomorrow). If I recall 890j comes with your 85x, so I might burn my 85x as well if I'd get it back :) (There any 890J owners that can confirm you get the 85x when you buy just the 890j)

I'm sure there will be a few more surprises coming up. I mean I didn't expect to hear the Carrack is back under construction.

This might be the first quiet anniversary for me in while, but I am also considering getting more Endeavor modules. 

As always, I’ll take any 600i or 890 jump donations to the poor mans T_D fund any day :D

7 hours ago, The_Director said:

As always, I’ll take any 600i or 890 jump donations to the poor mans T_D fund any day :D

:( I just realised 890J has never ever been CCuable. 890J is off the list. I aint going to drop a fresh $1500 AUD or something. Maybe slow ccu creep but..... I aint going for a stand alone. Ho Hum live and learn. 

:D you can fly on my 600i on the optimistic note.

I got an 890 Jump

and an Arrow game package

Mercury star runner

I´ll buy back some ships at a later date that i had to melt.

My fleet right  now

ORIGIN 890 jump

RSI orion

AEGIS Reclaimer

ANVIL Arrow

CRUSADER Mercury Star runner

Ships to get/buy back at a later date

Carrack

Merchantman

Crusader star lifter

17 hours ago, Galaxy_Express said:

I got an 890 Jump

and an Arrow game package

I´ll buy back some ships at a later date that i had to melt.

My fleet right  now

ORIGIN 890 jump

RSI orion

AEGIS Reclaimer

ANVIL Arrow

Give me a nudge sometime on Team Speak. Happy to chat about what you'd like to do with all your lovely Industry ships :)

The paperwork for the Occurrence Border went though. Now I just gotta wait on CGI to release the Endeavour.

I decided to keep my Freelancer DUR since the series is just a great ship to begin with. 

I decided to render the ships in starship42:

1297756969_MainFleetNightAlphaDown.jpg.1c9f1e0890b30ad1bbd9f72b303daa23.jpg

I really do love that MPUV Cargo. It screams 'Shuttlecraft'.

Edited by Saal
Pretty Pictures

If you're asking along the terms of requiring a ship to haul cargo or people between ships, then this function will not be limited to the Argo MPUV line of ships. Multiple ships will be able to transport cargo/personnel between platforms. I imagine that capital ships will have an easier time with this since they either come equipped with hangars or have the option to equip hangars, allowing ships to land and interact with them as if they were a stationary port. The next bit is speculation on my part, but docking might allow smaller ships such as a Freelancer and an Argo MPUV to interact with one another. This ideally would allow us to facilitate cargo/personnel transfers with any ship that comes standard with a docking port, and like I said, this wouldn't just be limited to the Argo MPUV either. You could do a Cutlass to Starfarer transfer via docking. The reason I got an Argo MPUV was so that I might have a shuttlecraft of sorts for short range missions (think Star Trek TOS's Galileo shuttlecraft). In that case, the question becomes weather or not we will need smaller ships to facilitate cargo/personnel transfer between larger ships, and I'd argue yes. Not all platforms will be equipped to deal with large spacecraft, in which case it would be easier to rent out something like an Argo MPUV to get the cargo onto the station. I can already imagine requesting this ship to move cargo to and from a Starfarer to Loreville. You can always request the Valiant if you need some cargo assistance ;)

I have had a moment of weakness :( I now have  a Caterpillar. It will be either sold or swapped out once my Hercules arrives, but it isnt a bad ship at all. It handles so much better than the Starfarer, that i'd put it almost on par with a Connie.

2 hours ago, Bursar said:

I have had a moment of weakness :( I now have  a Caterpillar. It will be either sold or swapped out once my Hercules arrives, but it isnt a bad ship at all. It handles so much better than the Starfarer, that i'd put it almost on par with a Connie.

How you finding getting off of Hurston with your Caterpillar? Haha I found it real struggle street. I shot out of the Lorville hangar  door nose to the stars at a rate of 30ms, got a little ways  then suddenly found myself going in reverse at -8ms and increasing, even with boost on. It took a very slow gentle ascent across the horizon with landing gear down to get to a point it was safe to use boosters and normal throttle to get to orbit.

3 hours ago, Bursar said:

Caterpillar isn't a bad ship. I personally love it, and seek to nab one in about a year. 

13 hours ago, LordSeb said:

How you finding getting off of Hurston with your Caterpillar? Haha I found it real struggle street. I shot out of the Lorville hangar  door nose to the stars at a rate of 30ms, got a little ways  then suddenly found myself going in reverse at -8ms and increasing, even with boost on. It took a very slow gentle ascent across the horizon with landing gear down to get to a point it was safe to use boosters and normal throttle to get to orbit.

The Cat isnt for Hurston ;) It's for some cargo runs to earn money easily. I've gone past 100k so far and that just keeps stacking nice and easily.

Debating the merits of getting a Greycat buggy..... I know its free with referrals but I don't think I will get enough for it. It seems zippy, small and easy to transport. What's the smallest ship it can fit in? I mean can it be squished into the back of an avenger titan or reliant kore. I didn't get a chance to play will it fit during the anniversary.

2 hours ago, Bursar said:

The Cat isnt for Hurston ;) It's for some cargo runs to earn money easily. I've gone past 100k so far and that just keeps stacking nice and easily.

How many trips would you say to get there and was it from a 5000 uec start.

3 hours ago, LordSeb said:

Debating the merits of getting a Greycat buggy..... I know its free with referrals but I don't think I will get enough for it. It seems zippy, small and easy to transport. What's the smallest ship it can fit in? I mean can it be squished into the back of an avenger titan or reliant kore. I didn't get a chance to play will it fit during the anniversary.

How many trips would you say to get there and was it from a 5000 uec start.

Ive made about 65k in trips to Yela buying Iodine for Olisar. Only do it if you can afford to lose half due to cargo glitches. I dont start at 5k, I start at 35k. It makes the cargo mechanic simpler to run with and not have to build up. The downside of cargo right now - very slim margins. I specifically got the Caterpillar because with tight margins you need to do things in bulk. Also what I have to do at Olisar is store the Caterpillar with another ship, to get the cystem to recognise both the cargo AND ship, otherwise I cant trade. It will be dropped / replaced with something else once my Hercules C2 eventually arrives. Cat - 566 cargo, C2 624 cargo. Not sure what quite yet, but it may actually be some big land grants so I can put my flag in several places :) 4-5 large blocks in one place make a significant outpost of 256 - 320 sq km ;)

PS, I have a buggy ;) for $15 I thought it was a bit of a steal lol. I am waiting to hear if the skins are still available for them too. I dont have particularly high expectations of its performance, but for shots runs on reasonably flat ground, its like a go-cart :)

Use this for Cargo rates and profits.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16vZzeCHnDIVRmKeqN4VHqy5Rm3nkkLrsig2odQTxuNo/htmlview?sle=true&fbclid=IwAR0ViIUoxXv0dvJcPxmf63CswewNZaLUpP96ZM2P1OXT-ZV-SwuIIEt4nkw#gid=1653049119