Hero
Bursar

What Is Changing In Your Hanger?

Not sure if I want to upgrade the Aquila to the Carrack, I have the ccu just waiting. Also a ccu from my Caterpillar to a c2 in buy back. I'm just not sure, Or melt something for the phoenix but that seems useless. What would help the org the most?  I also don't want to be stuck with big ships I cant afford to use or find people to join. Was  mainly looking for ships 2-3 people could man, and that Id personally get a lot of miles out of. I also don't want a lot of ships, I'm not sure if it even makes sense to have so many. I'm studying to be a commercial pilot so having a starliner is almost a must have, but I also love my fleet now. I just don't know lol someone help!

My current fleet:

lti Andromeda- Light cargo/touring/main ship

lti Caterpillar- Cargo only

lti Starfarer- Fuel only

lti Aquila- Expedition

I did some changes too. Melted an Ursa, one of the game packages, spent 20$ and I have added a CCU HH→Polaris (easier than melt and buyback) and a Prospector.

Now I have:

- BMM

- HH (might become a Polaris again)

- Prospector

- Cutlass Black

- Aurora (GP)

5 hours ago, LordSeb said:

Debating the merits of getting a Greycat buggy..... I know its free with referrals but I don't think I will get enough for it. It seems zippy, small and easy to transport. What's the smallest ship it can fit in? I mean can it be squished into the back of an avenger titan or reliant kore. I didn't get a chance to play will it fit during the anniversary.

How many trips would you say to get there and was it from a 5000 uec start.

My new computer should be ready in a couple days, if you want we can try then. 

1 hour ago, Spacegod said:

Not sure if I want to upgrade the Aquila to the Carrack, I have the ccu just waiting. Also a ccu from my Caterpillar to a starlifter in buy back. I'm just not sure, Or melt something for the phoenix but that seems useless. What would help the org the most?  I also don't want to be stuck with big ships I cant afford to use or find people to join. Was  mainly looking for ships 2-3 people could man, and that Id personally get a lot of miles out of. I also don't want a lot of ships, I'm not sure if it even makes sense to have so many. I'm studying to be a commercial pilot so having a starliner is almost a must have, but I also love my fleet now. I just don't know lol someone help!

My current fleet:

lti Andromeda- Light cargo/touring/main ship

lti Caterpillar- Cargo only

lti Starfarer- Fuel only

lti Aquila- Expedition

Hi SpaceGod, or should I just call you God for short.

As you love the idea of the Starlifter that a given to have in your fleet. 

Starfarer will be a great ship to make money early game. Or at least I think so, but as the game play not in who knows. As you have no out lay to get cargo. Other than the fuel and time to get where you can harvest gasses. 

The Andromeda is a great ship. 

But here the big one should you swop the Aquila for the Carrack. Are the willing to use NPC's when you cant get the people?. How much do you think you use it, what % of your play time exploring? 

Carrack will be a great ship, not for me and I think some people on spectrum have over hyped it. But it will be a great ship. But it might be more limited in what jump point it can use, because of size. So that might mean take the long route to get where you want to be. But it have everything you need to explore in one ship, a one stop shop. Aquila will also be a great ship as well for exploring and could use shorter routes (smaller jump points). But will not have some of the stuff the Carrack has. But will need a smaller crew and be a lot cheaper to run. 

Just thought of it so put it here. The Carrack will cost more in game, so buying it now will save you that grind later in game. 

I think if you are going to use the Carrack a lot or you just really like the ship and have the money to spare, go for it. Wait until the ship is in game then use the CCU. If you find out you don't like it. You can just melt and get the Aquila back. 

18 hours ago, Yodel said:

Nothing in my hangar is changing 

Just got a ccu from my 325A to a Reliant Sen, not sure if i use it yet

My fleet look like this if i use the ccu

T0pPiug.jpg

Ended up with a Phoenix, Andro, Aquila, Starfarer. I figure the starfarer will be great all around and it left no need for the cat when starfarer can also carry cargo if I want, or the org needs, also can carry smaller ground vehicles with the ramp, seems like a great all around ship, while its not the Gemini it can still be used as a military refuel, or civ only. I just need a decent passenger ship now for industry, org transport. Starliner is next, also has cargo and can be fully converted to a cargo ship, then c2 for the main cargo ship, leaving the other two ships to their main roles, but that's at a later date, just got the 2 ccus from aquila to them, also have 2 lti tokens for them. 

New Fleet:

Phoenix- Touring/ its rare and I wanted one

lti Andromeda -Main/light cargo/gun boat

lti Aquila -expedition

lti Starfarer -fuel/cargo

A curious issue. Went to buy one of those cheap starter packs, they had 1 left of the aurora. Added it to cart. Said there was 1. Click checkout and then it refreshed the page and vanished, started complaining that there is not enough stock to fulfil the request. Anyway to rectify this issue.

Edited by LordSeb

15 minutes ago, LordSeb said:

A curious issue. Went to buy one of those cheap starter packs, they had 1 left of the aurora. Added it to cart. Said there was 1. Click checkout and then it refreshed the page and vanished, started complaining that there is not enough stock to fulfil the request. Anyway to rectify this issue.

Someone probably nabbed it before you did. Bummer.