Hero
Bursar

Freelancer Variants

Having now flown the Max, I think it needs the following comments:-

1) The top speed is 210 - not the 205 of the other models.

2) Rear Door still has no lock on it.

3) Controls are a pain to use in the cockpit - Using the F key it's stupidly hard to click anything. I have to use shortcuts on the keyboard mostly.

I am enjoying the DUR myself so far. I find it a good utilitarian ship to get around the system and run missions. I do agree though the cockpit definitely needs a slight redo. Its annoying that you can't access controls using the F key. I do think that they should add cameras around the outside to assist with tight manoeuvring and landing/takeoff. It would be cool if the screens in the cockpit could double as camera monitors if needed.

12 hours ago, Aquila said:

I am enjoying the DUR myself so far. I find it a good utilitarian ship to get around the system and run missions. I do agree though the cockpit definitely needs a slight redo. Its annoying that you can't access controls using the F key. I do think that they should add cameras around the outside to assist with tight manoeuvring and landing/takeoff. It would be cool if the screens in the cockpit could double as camera monitors if needed.

they stated in a recent asking all devs that that is really difficult to do, because essentially, they are having to render the world twice (or more depending on how many screens are showing that) per person using it.

they did mention they would like to have some sort of wireframe/skeleton showing what's around you, but nothing concrete.

2 hours ago, YankiDoodle said:

they stated in a recent asking all devs that that is really difficult to do, because essentially, they are having to render the world twice (or more depending on how many screens are showing that) per person using it.

they did mention they would like to have some sort of wireframe/skeleton showing what's around you, but nothing concrete.

They can do it perfectly well on the Dur & Base - but not the Max?

2 hours ago, YankiDoodle said:

I know of 0 ships with external views from the cockpit via the mfd's

I think you are misunderstanding my issue ;) I want to push the F key to switch engines on and off and spool etc. The Max is the only one in the range where that doesnt happen cleanly and simply from the cockpit seat ;)