Hero
Sign in to follow this  
Prima_Noyan

Citizen life crisis.

So the longer things go in development, the more I start to get antsy about my place in the verse. I used to be happy with my array of fighters and a Connie as a medium gunship. (4x rev gatlings pack a punch.)

However, I melted it all down and picked up a Sabre, cutlass, and a Carrack after 3.2. I guess I evolved into that feeling of wanting to be versatile and honestly I wanted my own Enterprise to explore the verse with friends, thus I dropped most of my combat ships for some multirole and touring vessels. Despite this, I still looked at the Carrack with the hope of utilizing it as support for a combat fleet in a pinch.

Now I stare at the 600i and salivate over the aesthetic of it. It's a beauty and looks to be a pretty versatile ship for it's intended purpose, especially if you look into the explorer package for it. I am a pilot on a budget so I can't just add it, but I can melt things and swap up my fleet to maybe a 600i, 325a, and a Lancer DUR.. plus or minus a rover too. The catch here is that I won't have any real dedicated combat ships for the Org to be a very effective part of any ops. This new lineup would be pretty much usable for personal missions and not for any fleet activities.

Thus... I am torn as I skim through the ships page. Has anyone else felt the pangs of this conundrum? Am I worrying too much or expecting to do too much with the org?

Sorry for the rambling. Fly Safe!

I would say get the ships you want to use the most. 

If you want and have ships that overlap with the needs of the Org and you are nice enough to let them use them or use them yourself,  Then that be great. But don't have to buy ships because you think they help the Org. 

As for combat. I think the 325a will be not bad as a combat ship. Not so much taking a SH or Sabre head on one on one. But fighting as part of the group I think it be good. Even if it not I can always lend you a fighter or you could help crewing one of the capital ships if you want. We will always want crew. 

Yeah, I decided to buck up and buy back my Vanguard Hoplite, So combat fighter filled. Now to decide if I want to keep the 600i (I really want the explore version tho) or if I should buy back my Carrack CCU and hold out for another possibly 6-8 months.  Been here for years now and just want to get flying with the org again.

"Thus... I am torn as I skim through the ships page. Has anyone else felt the pangs of this conundrum? Am I worrying too much or expecting to do too much with the org?"

Look at my ship lineup ;) We have both Exploration AND Industry. I have no combat ships of any measure lol ;)

Why do you think you'll be of no use? I specifically designed my lineup to cover as much Industry as I could. I have also aimed at small crew ships. I did this  because I dont want to push people for support and I like the freedom.

We have plenty of roles for all the ships currently on offer. You load your hanger how you want it and you play how you want to. There is always a place for people who want to be here :)

Thanks all. Well, I feel bad without my Carrack so I now wait for my buy back token in march to re-buy it. I used the January one for my Hoplite. Will use a 300i for luxury personal touring, but that Carrack just still catches my eye as a one stop shop ship for that Enterprise feeling. The 600i is pretty, but the more I fly around in it the more I find it limited to a single purpose. 

I expect to wrangle up some org members for crew though ;) Since AI aren't the best for conversation. Not a good Enterprise style adventure with only a bunch of Datas.