Hero
Sign in to follow this  
Bursar

Keeping Your (PC) Cool.

I have exactly the same H110 v2 - however, I will be going to the Noctua with double fans for my next PC - but making sure I have additional fans to extract heat from the roof of the case. Alongside the 2 x 120mm on the front and 1 x 120mm on the rear,

I have two NZXT X62 water coolers for my CPU and GPU.

With Blender testing I cannot break 46c, though I dont have a way to measure sound.

Now to be fair I am living inside a 95% underground basement, and I dont think the room will get much warmer than 60f over the summer.

4 hours ago, The_Director said:

I have two NZXT X62 water coolers for my CPU and GPU.

With Blender testing I cannot break 46c, though I dont have a way to measure sound.

Now to be fair I am living inside a 95% underground basement, and I dont think the room will get much warmer than 60f over the summer.

Youre really lucky with that temperature! :)

On 5/1/2019 at 10:57 AM, Tactical Advance said:

The only bit that's missed here is the non water cooled option is putting that hot air in your case turning it into an oven with your GPU inside.

I have the h100 v2

Water cooled does the same thing if you mount the radiator on front (pulling air in) which seems to be the most common option. I guess this is why some people mount their radiator on top (pushing air out), though I've seen videos that suggest that the actual temperature in the case isn't really raised much even by having the radiator in front. My case only has space for one fan on top, so any two fan radiator requires front mounting.

I literally just bought a Corsair H115i Platinum water cooler which I'll have to mount on front due to my case design so I'll see how it really impacts the GPU heat situation. Since I have an i9-9900K I certainly have the right equipment to generate sufficient heat for a valid test.

I only noticed the reviews for the new Noctua option after I had received the H115i, and my flight back to Lima Peru was the next day so I didn't have the option of switching. To be honest I'm not sure which is really going to be better overall. The new Noctua seems to maintain an overall cooler CPU, but I'm guessing the temperature transitions will be smoother and less damaging to the CPU with the water cooled option. Sound isn't really a factor since I mostly play with headphones on anyway. With an AIO there's always the risk of a water leak destroying the system, though. Yep, lots of ways to potentially rationalize this one  way or the other ;-)