Hero
Sign in to follow this  
Mister_Fixit

Pisces Scout

I don't think it will be able to lift the rover. It just to small. Look at the size of the hangar with the merlin in it. The rover is 1.3 meter taller than the merlin. 

It might have a tractor beam on the back to lift it. But how do you get the rover off and back on the front of the Carrack. Yes you can drive it off but how can you get it back on. Also tractor beams to lift a vehicle of that size in gravity is probably going to be big and need a lot of power. Meaning could take up a lot of the pisces. 

If they was going to give it a vehicle I would of bet on the new bike. Much smaller and much lighter. 

But who knows what they are doing.

If the Carrack can fit an Ursa Rover, it should be able to fit most vehicles. The cargo section is quite sizable which means leeway when it comes to these things. In terms of loading the cargo bay, look to classical designs such as the Constellation and 890 Jump. Elevators would appear to be the popular avenue for CIG's Cargo Loading solutions. Nothing wrong with that either, since larger ships such as the Carrack and the Hammerhead honestly need all the clearance they can get. It wont do you too good to be unable to land when you get your destination of choice, now will it?

Edit:

And after revisiting that video I am reminded that they've still opted for a lower Carrack with ramps. We're still getting a massive cargo hold on her though.

1 hour ago, Saal said:

If the Carrack can fit an Ursa Rover, it should be able to fit most vehicles. The cargo section is quite sizable which means leeway when it comes to these things. In terms of loading the cargo bay, look to classical designs such as the Constellation and 890 Jump. Elevators would appear to be the popular avenue for CIG's Cargo Loading solutions. Nothing wrong with that either, since larger ships such as the Carrack and the Hammerhead honestly need all the clearance they can get. It wont do you too good to be unable to land when you get your destination of choice, now will it?

Edit:

And after revisiting that video I am reminded that they've still opted for a lower Carrack with ramps. We're still getting a massive cargo hold on her though.

I was talking about the leak the other day about Citizencon. Where it was said that the Pisces scout can hold the rover. I was saying giving the size of the hangar the Pisces is not going to be that big. And probably will not be able to hold it.