Hero
DutchKhaos

Carrack or M2 hercules?

Hey guys

im in need for some advice.

I have a Carrack en a M2 hercules for buy back i dont have the money for both.

Im looking for a Ship that is a flying fortress with a lot of guns to use as a transport ship.

Both have guns and allmost the same amount of cargo but i dont know whats beter.

only thing i can think of is that the Carrack has a hanger and a rover inside.

show me what you guys are thinking, or that i even need to take a look at a diffrent ship.

The Carrack is not a flying fortress, so if you want a flying fortress you should go with the Hercules. 

As far as the space for the rover and shuttle, the Hercules has plenty of space for both as well.

Personally I prefer the Carrack for what it is, but it is definitely not a flying fortress so I think your choice is clear.

14 hours ago, Drakin said:

The Carrack is not a flying fortress, so if you want a flying fortress you should go with the Hercules. 

As far as the space for the rover and shuttle, the Hercules has plenty of space for both as well.

Personally I prefer the Carrack for what it is, but it is definitely not a flying fortress so I think your choice is clear.

I am not a huge fan of the Carrack. But I think the Carrack will have less blind spots than the Hercules. The weapon placement on the C2 and M2 are not the best and leave big blind spots. 

As for the armor on both ships we have no idea. The M2 might have a little more armor than the Carrack. But will it make up for having smaller weapons and no snub craft to help it in fights. 

32 minutes ago, DutchKhaos said:

Cargo runs in a ship that can defend its self with no problem, that ppl will think twice before trying to steal my cargo

Every ships will have a problems. Ever numbers of just what ship you are fighting. Someone attacks you in a Javelin only thing you can do is run. Second thoughts get a javelin. 

But really no cargo ship will have no problems defending themselves. So the question is what type of ships do you what to think twice before attack? 

Hello DutchKaos 😎

I think you are choosing between 2 very  cool ships. They are both very different and i would say that the most common factor is that they both can carry cargo. You went with the military version of the Hercules so you get  a perfect placed extra turret under the cockpit facing down towards the ground, so when you come in to land in a warzone to deploy troops and vehicles, that turret Will help clear a way for you. to me the fortress feel Will be helping out ground attacks and not so much in space. If you like a playstyle like that, transporting and  supporting ground forces together with doing cargo runs the Hercules is for you.

On the other hand, if you want to be away  in deep space for a Long time exploring the unknown and all what space is and its planets then go with the Carrack. You Will Also be able to do cargo runs in it aswell. The Carrack Also is a ship that has alot of extras like repair station, medical bay and so on. And remember you can Always earn the ship u dont get in game and/or  help crew other people's ships that you like so you dont have to feel that youre missing out.

I have both ships but plan to play them differently. 

If you just want to do cargo runs of that size ships i would go with a hull c and exchange some cargo with lots of turrets / defence platforms on it when they release that

Hope it makes you easier deciding