Hero
Sign in to follow this  
Armistice

Around the Verse ep001

Well the King is dead, all hail the King.

The Wingman's Hangar replacement has just aired it's premier episode. What do you guys think? I have to say I liked the logo(s) and I really liked the fan spotlight segment with Disco Lando's creator.

OZ70Cmsx63A

I expected a higher production value. Not saying they wont improve on it but one would think the VP of marketing and community manager would be more comfortable on camera.

I just watch it and I have mixed feelings. First off I did like it and I enjoyed the segment with disco. However Ben and sandi something just didn't work, I think it would help if they didn't sit that close due to the difference in height ? (And no this is not about bens weight ) if they had their own seats and they managed to hide the height difference a. It. Regarding the production value for me it's a tough one as I think the style of filming hides some of the production value if that makes sence but saying that it can all ways be improved.
The thing is after 72 shows of WMH done the way I love I don't think I could ever warm to this new show as much as I did to wingman and WMH and I think a lot of people feel the same way

Good points,

After all the set improvements in history of WMH - the standards feel like they have been set way back. "Uncomfortable on camera" that is a much kinder way of putting it that I could have come up with, Allhell. I'll go as far as to say there were moments in the interview with the Arena Commander Producer (Travis Day) where Sandi seemed to get pretty uptight or flustered and it was really awkward to watch.

Anyway I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on this one... It's a beginning.

You need to give it a chance in my opinion.
If you compaire the first episodes of WMH to the last once they did. There is also a big different.
And WMH had the same issues of what you see right now in Around the Verse.

I agree we had some lvl of quality at the end with WMH and they kinda took it away.
But its not gone gone we got something else and really think there is something in for all of us.

Sandi isn't really my first choose either and somethings when I see how see is performing, like WTH.
But then again I think that the way how she is, hehe. Keep in mind she isn't so nerdy as most of us.
Give her time and she will become aswell.

I have to say sandi all ways looks uncomfortable when on comers for to long and I think it was made worse with having both her and Ben sat to close to each other. It needs to improve but it was pretty good in general

You need to give it a chance in my opinion.
If you compaire the first episodes of WMH to the last once they did. There is also a big different.
And WMH had the same issues of what you see right now in Around the Verse.

I'm giving it a chance trust me. !. The flip side to what u have said is there shouldn't be a drop in production value being they had it pretty well done in WMH . But like I said I'm going to give it a chance as I did enjoy it. We will have to wait and see

TbH I do not really think they took it away away from us WMH.
Evertough that maybe the people of the WMH show where abit bored with it or have other preorities and wanted to do something different ? They will never say that in public offcourse (about the bored thing).

If they really wanted to quite the show, it was done and no replacement was given.
But look on the bride side, we have something new....

The difference between the first episode of WMH and AV is truly the personality. Wingman is likable, quirky and witty. The only people on AV Episode 1 that were that way were the guests Travis Day and Jared 'Disco Lando' Iforgothislastname. I know they have said they are going to rotate host's and hopefully they will find a pair that resonates with the community and stick with them.

The difference between the first episode of WMH and AV is truly the personality. Wingman is likable, quirky and witty. The only people on AV Episode 1 that were that way were the guests Travis Day and Jared 'Disco Lando' Iforgothislastname. I know they have said they are going to rotate host's and hopefully they will find a pair that resonates with the community and stick with them.

Not many are happy with having Ben and sandi but some as all ways take it to far like trolling Ben because he is fat

The Youtube comments were especially vicious. Yes he did make a joke at himself in the start of the show but being completely socially insensitive is a bit much I would expect more from the wider star citizen community. You always get a few bad apples though.

I was just scanning the Youtube comments. Holy cr*p people's posts.... That's brutal, just brutal one guy calls Sandi a whore?? Really? Anonymous, if you are out there could you make an example of this guy?

I just keep telling myself that you need to develop some pretty thick skin to have made it as far as those two have, so hopefully they take it in stride...

Sandi always struck me as too uptight, so not sure how I feel about having her on camera. I assume she in particular seemed uncomfortable because she didn't have each and every line scripted like she usually does.

I'm gonna give it a few episodes before I judge it though.

Indeed, WH was great. I'm not a guy who b***hes about appearances, but Ben made it hard to watch. With the tour around the office he was gasping for air after 30sec. It distracted me.
Although not a bad start and they provided some good info. Hope it gets better.