Tactical Advance
Sign in to follow this  
Ulfric

Group play: Sins of a Solar Empire w/ Armada 3 Mod

Team against the crazy powerful Borg in Sins of a Solar Empire!
(Thank you Armistice :D)

Gameplay:
8NuCoLVnGZU

How to install:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion\Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion.exe

For 32bit Windows:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion\Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion.exe

Check the check box, click the "Save" button and close the window.

Drag and drop the contents of the Star Trek Armada 3 folder into the following folder* overwriting when prompted to do so:

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion\Mods-Rebellion v1.82\Star Trek Armada 3

*You can reach this folder by copy/pasting the above code into START>Search

[*]Play!

So Ross, Ulfric and I just had a sick game. Started out as us 3 versus an easy Borg, which we cleaned out easily in just over an hour. Then the United Federation (me) took a vote, and decided that the Romulan alliance (them) are too big of a threat for their presence in the system to continue. Ships were built in secret, then moved ever so inconspicuously to the border. The alliance broke, and Ross was too slow to come to Ulfric's aid, so at the battle of Grizzela, Ulfric lost the majority of his military strength, and his home planet. The other Romulan empire warped in shortly thereafter, yet sadly not fast enough. They also fell before the mighty USS Ark Royal.

Things seemed desperate for the Romulans. But while the Federation was celebrating their victories, they populated the shadows. Unbeknownst to me, while I was trying to figure out how to take over their planets, assuming they had already lost, they recovered in the former Borg regions of space. Constructing a mighty fleet, designed specifically to tackle the Ark Royal threat, they made their move in unison, and with perfect timing. My fleet was out of place, in what was literally the farthest point from my homeworld. Burning a path of destruction through my territory, they warped into the skies above Olympias at the same time as my fleet scrambled to defend. My ships never had time to regroup. The battle was grand, but it ended in Romulan victory. GG Ulfric. GG Ross. You d**ks.

I recorded the last 40min of the fight, I'll try to put up some sort of a video at some point.

So Ross, Ulfric and I just had a sick game. Started out as us 3 versus an easy Borg, which we cleaned out easily in just over an hour. Then the United Federation (me) took a vote, and decided that the Romulan alliance (them) are too big of a threat for their presence in the system to continue. Ships were built in secret, then moved ever so inconspicuously to the border. The alliance broke, and Ross was too slow to come to Ulfric's aid, so at the battle of Grizzela, Ulfric lost the majority of his military strength, and his home planet. The other Romulan empire warped in shortly thereafter, yet sadly not fast enough. They also fell before the mighty USS Ark Royal.

Things seemed desperate for the Romulans. But while the Federation was celebrating their victories, they populated the shadows. Unbeknownst to me, while I was trying to figure out how to take over their planets, assuming they had already lost, they recovered in the former Borg regions of space. Constructing a mighty fleet, designed specifically to tackle the Ark Royal threat, they made their move in unison, and with perfect timing. My fleet was out of place, in what was literally the farthest point from my homeworld. Burning a path of destruction through my territory, they warped into the skies above Olympias at the same time as my fleet scrambled to defend. My ships never had time to regroup. The battle was grand, but it ended in Romulan victory. GG Ulfric. GG Ross. You d**ks.

I recorded the last 40min of the fight, I'll try to put up some sort of a video at some point.

Man, that makes me mad I missed the fight! I wish I was there! I can't wait to see the video.

General question, when is the next game? I hope to join!

Man, that makes me mad I missed the fight! I wish I was there! I can't wait to see the video.

General question, when is the next game? I hope to join!

It was a good game :) There's enough players now you can just hop on and wait till 2~3 people are ready. It'd be nice if we could shoot for a big game though... I don't think ARMA will be ready for Sat,

Anyone want to do 1pm PST / 10pm GMT Saturday?

That's the best EU/US time but there could be a separate EU and a US game instead.

OK, I have a final exam some time next week. If it's monday, my weekend is offlimits. Anything later than Tuesday, I'm in 100%. They still haven't announced the schedule, I'll let you know.

I'm up for it Friday, perhaps we'll say later evening and we'll just see who's around. Hard Borg this time so the games won't be as long, plenty of time for new players to sneak in :)

I'm up for it Friday, perhaps we'll say later evening and we'll just see who's around. Hard Borg this time so the games won't be as long, plenty of time for new players to sneak in :)

Will just take us a bit longer to beat it.

...except what if this time they actually use that bulls**t trapezoid as soon as they can?

Bring it oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

If we get a big enough game, I will gladly play the Borg! I mean, come on, a 4v1? That seems fair!

EPIC game last night guys :D, 9v1 Evil AI Borg and we rose victorious!!

So... what's the next level for when next we play?

I vote Skyskull gets Borg (perhaps with an easy Borg teammate), here's the reasons:

• As much as "Evil" was a challenge, it failed to deploy simple tactics such as attacking our home worlds while all our fleets were away, taking planets more vigorously and avoiding obvious defense points.
  • He can opt to go easy on first time players focusing on the more rounded ones so we all get a great game in. This is up to his secret Borg mind though, we should never tell him what to do.
  • He has the Borg voice and the capacity to mock us all.

Also there should perhaps be an easier win condition and screw multi-suns, what a pain lol

My issue with multi-suns is it's a pain to multi-manage distant systems and it takes forever to move from one side of the universe to the other. My issues are more with increasing game time than hampering fun though.

EPIC game last night guys :D, 9v1 Evil AI Borg and we rose victorious!!

So... what's the next level for when next we play?

I vote Skyskull gets Borg (perhaps with an easy Borg teammate), here's the reasons:
  • As much as "Evil" was a challenge, it failed to deploy simple tactics such as attacking our home worlds while all our fleets were away, taking planets more vigorously and avoiding obvious defense points.
  • He can opt to go easy on first time players focusing on the more rounded ones so we all get a great game in. This is up to his secret Borg mind though, we should never tell him what to do.
  • He has the Borg voice and the capacity to mock us all.

Also there should perhaps be an easier win condition and screw multi-suns, what a pain lol

Aww thanks man! I shall allow you to be assimilated first and become an Unimatrix XD

Cool guys,

That sounded epic! I should have free time this week to bing my lovably fashionable and naively politically correct Federation hyjinks to the party.

Did you ever notice that in the show the shields always get knocked down to 2% right away and then they stay at that level for a really long time? Long enough for some crazy dialogue and for Data to do something cool? Why don't they make the WHOLE SHIELD out that invincible 2%???

Having a long shift today. Get. Rantish. When. Tired.